PDA

View Full Version : Perfect lawn care truck

LawnsRUsInc.
03-22-2005, 10:32 AM
Who here feels that they have the perfect lawn care truck. Iam looking for ideas as i was inclined to buy a cabover Isuzu. Lets see some photos or ideas.

packerbacker
03-22-2005, 10:36 AM
I just a PU but the guy I used to work for has 3 F-450s with dump beds on them. He can pull a trailer and in the fall use the dump bed for leaves. In the winter he can throw a spreader in the bed and plow on the front. Seems ideal to me.

procut
03-22-2005, 01:23 PM
Those lawn trucks seem over-rated to me. Considering the cost, and the fact that they are have quite limited uses. With just a pick-up you could drive to store or something and not feel like an idiot. IMO the perfect lawn truck is a 3/4 or 1 ton 4X4 with a V-plow and spreader, and a good trailer behind it.

The C Man
03-22-2005, 01:57 PM
Why didn't you title this thread "Who has the perfect lawn care truck?" instead of "Perfect lawn care" ???

xtremelawns
03-22-2005, 02:33 PM
Your obviously are part time or Not Mowing more then 30 yards. if you think a pick up is all u need.

I have a 24 ft enclosed trailer wit 3 riders and a walk behind. Normal pickups wont manage. I use a Dodge 3500 Turbo Cummins Wit a mason Dump Bed.
The dump comes in handy when delivering mulch/stone/soil and so on.. But if a normal pick up is what ur business needs then Kool Beans lol

Jusmowin
03-22-2005, 02:50 PM
I only do lawn care so what I need will be different than some of the nortthern outfits. I would set up with a 1 ton 4x4 crew cab, w a ez dumper and a 16ft high side heavy duty open lawn care trailer. It doesent snow much around here so I really dont need a plow, however I do install alot of mulch so a ez dumper in the truck bed and a high sided trailer are more important to me!

xtremelawns
03-22-2005, 05:49 PM
kool. I used to use a regular pick up but after doing some asphalt removal i learned very quickly it wasnt going to HOld up haha. Aint that the truth about everybodys needs being different

franniedog
03-23-2005, 07:20 AM
I believe I got the perfect lawn care truck last year.If you look under my ultimate lawn care truck in the past threads.I must say tho that in this buisness it seems what might be great for some does not cut it for others.Having the perfect truck is qiute personal and subject to ones own wants and desires.It is also subject to where you live and work and what services you do and what services you dont do.For me tho I found my perfect truck last year.

aries
03-23-2005, 08:57 AM
I have to say franniedog that is one sweet RIG!

Lawnworks
03-24-2005, 10:24 PM
I think this truck is going to do the trick w/ me. Hopefully will add more just like it in the next few years. I have about 15k invested in everything and it is a '99 has just over 100k. I am going to get some more pics when it is finished getting lettered.

http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=33419&stc=1

LawnsRUsInc.
03-24-2005, 10:37 PM
Lawnworks nice truck yea thats the same truck that iam going to get next. I had 7 days to find a new truck and i couldnt get one made quick enough. So iam going to take my time !st flat bed isuzu dump then a cube isuzu. I will probably buy one in the next couple monthes and pop a plow on it.

Jason

Hook Lift Guy
03-25-2005, 10:02 AM
Here's another set up that we have in stock that would work you you. You can refurb the box to leave it overnight at jobsites

Lawnworks
03-25-2005, 12:03 PM
That is a step above an NPR right? That looks to be the equivelent of an Isuzu FSR. What is gross vehicle weight? I really like the four door versions... they don't really make sense for my business but they sure do look bad.

Hook Lift Guy
03-25-2005, 12:12 PM
This is a stock unit of mine, extended cabs' are better for your industry. Where are you located? You should really think about getting a hook lift.

Lawnworks
03-25-2005, 06:23 PM
How much? Got any more pics? What bodies do you have?

mdb landscaping
03-25-2005, 06:32 PM
heres our new truck. still putting some things on it. should be done next week. we will be able to winch up a flatbed to haul equipment, our haul cans of plant material and we are gonna put rails on our 3000 gallon hydroseeder to pull up.

http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=34906

PTP
03-25-2005, 06:33 PM
You know, these trucks are all real nice and all but not very efficient. IMO, Justmowit has the perfect lawn care truck. Nothing is wasted there. The truck is just big enough to carry the people and equipment and no more. For servicing his clients, it is the best.

Now, I know that many of you need bigger equipment for other jobs such as sod, topsoil, mulch, ZTR's and all of that. Nothing wrong with that but the best system is when you have just enough and no extra - cuts down on overhead a lot.

brucec32
03-31-2005, 02:35 PM
Justmowit's trucks look very efficient to me too. Where does one find info on pickups with landscape beds?

iluvscag
03-31-2005, 07:33 PM
www.superlawntrucks.com

D.J. VS
03-31-2005, 07:47 PM
lawnworks

Where did you get the beavertail and ramp? Let me know it looks pretty nice.

Thanks

D.J.

brucec32
03-31-2005, 08:06 PM
Thanks, but I meant the open style he uses. I can't use a big box truck. Besides hating not being able to see behind me, it won't fit in even a large tall garage.

Lawnworks
03-31-2005, 11:46 PM
Well, in my case the box truck eliminates the need for a garage. Any Isuzu would take a large garage. Have you seen the Dodge Sprinter with a landscape bed? It looks pretty efficient. 2.5L 5-cylinder diesel. One of my buddies says it can maintain 70mph on the interstate.

CrewCutEnterprises
04-04-2005, 12:54 AM
Here's another set up that we have in stock that would work you you. You can refurb the box to leave it overnight at jobsites

Whats the benifit of a hook lift over a switch n go system from bucsfab.com??

more durable?? Ive looked at both