PDA

View Full Version : Ford or Chevy

NC Scaper
03-22-2005, 03:38 PM
OK I am trying to figure out which one to get. I have been raised and drove chevys all my life. Whatever I get will be diesel, crew cab, long bed. So just let me here some opinions cause I know everyone has one on thus subject.

Robert

The Dude
03-22-2005, 04:23 PM
Do a search, this has been debated time and time again. They are both good vehicles with their own faults.

procut
03-22-2005, 04:32 PM
This is nothing but the age old Ford vs. Chevy debate.
Personally, I think you would be better off with a Ford if you want diesel

Travis Followell
03-22-2005, 06:32 PM
If you want a diesel then get the best..... Get a Cummins :D

lawnandplow42
03-22-2005, 09:04 PM
i only needed to read your title.
chevy hands down, they are the best i don't care what anyone says.

Smalltimer1
03-22-2005, 11:35 PM
If you want a diesel then get the best..... Get a Cummins :D

You mean a Cummapart? :D

Smalltimer1
03-22-2005, 11:44 PM
i only needed to read your title.
chevy hands down, they are the best i don't care what anyone says.

IFS has no place in a HD truck.........

If you have some time, please watch this (http://www.fordvehicles.com/trucks/f150/truth/) , specifically under "Frame", "Structure", and "Body" (subcategories: bed bolts). GM should be ashamed of that thing they call a truck......... ;)

GM should look back to their 73-87 trucks for inspiration on how to properly build a true truck, they have truly forgotten how a real truck is supposed to be made. I'd take my father's '82 C-30 anyday over a new 3500......

procut
03-23-2005, 11:39 AM
LMAO Great pics smalltimer!!

lawnandplow42
03-23-2005, 05:04 PM

If you have some time, please watch this (http://www.fordvehicles.com/trucks/f150/truth/) , specifically under "Frame", "Structure", and "Body" (subcategories: bed bolts). GM should be ashamed of that thing they call a truck......... ;)

GM should look back to their 73-87 trucks for inspiration on how to properly build a true truck, they have truly forgotten how a real truck is supposed to be made. I'd take my father's '82 C-30 anyday over a new 3500......

listen man, you got a point. I have a 1987 chevy, with the leaf springs up front, and double shocks. GM has there head up their asses rite now with the IFS, they should make them like they used to. But their engine line up is still awesome, and the front end can easily be beefed up by cranking the torsion bars, or adding timbrens.

NC Scaper
03-24-2005, 02:00 AM

Thanks you very much!!! That is just what I needed to make my decision.

2_Djinn
03-24-2005, 01:00 PM

;) Just when i though the next truck was going to be a chevy....im torn also. Interesting video

sgoalie23
03-24-2005, 06:15 PM
I have a Chevy 2500 and its a decent truck. Plenty of power with after market stuff. The 6.0L gasser will eat a hole through your pocket with all the money you lay out for gas. 70,000 miles and had to replace the hub bearings in the front, $600 not to mention the constant bucking when it tries to down shift from overdrive to 3rd or 4th. But it's too low to the ground. When I drive a truck, I want to be looking over hoods of Suburbans not through the rear window. My recently purchased F-350 diesel, is a monster. Granted it has a two inch lift built in, but now I can clearly see over Suburbans. Plus, 18mpg with the 7.3 and a lot roomier and beefy than a Chevy.