PDA

View Full Version : Spring Clean Up time

kemmer
03-22-2005, 07:00 PM
Its spring clean up time, and im wondering what every one does for them.

Also, i was wondering if its good to dethatch for spring clean ups? should i do anything after blowing it out? like seed?

packerbacker
03-22-2005, 07:01 PM
Clean up the rest of the leaves
Mow short and bag
Cut back winter growth on plants
Put a nice new edge on sidewalks
Send bill
Get ready to bust a** for the next 8 months.

packerbacker
03-22-2005, 07:04 PM
OH yeah...and make sure the gutters are cleaned out for the spring rains.

rodfather
03-22-2005, 07:09 PM
OH yeah...and make sure the gutters are cleaned out for the spring rains.

No thanks. Prefer to stand on terra firma. I fall off a ladder/roof and I am f***ed for the remaining season. Or dead.

grass-scapes
03-22-2005, 07:17 PM
No thanks. Prefer to stand on terra firma. I fall off a ladder/roof and I am f***ed for the remaining season. Or dead.

Im with you on this one. I had a client who told me that when we signed the contract, that I agreed to clean out gutters on her two story house. I told her, first of all, its not in the contract. Second of all, I do NOT get on a ladder. If I fall, then who will mow your yard and who will pay my bills. I know we didn't agree to this,because I don't even clean out MY gutters. LOL.

packerbacker
03-22-2005, 07:20 PM
CMon guys get tough!

LOL j/k. Most of the houses I do are ranch style. I know my limits on gutters. But I can get away here with charging through the roof and it takes me 10 mins to make $60.

rodfather
03-22-2005, 07:27 PM
CMon guys get tough!

LOL j/k. Most of the houses I do are ranch style. I know my limits on gutters. But I can get away here with charging through the roof and it takes me 10 mins to make $60.

No problem John...I know my limits too. Cleaning gutters is just not on my resume at this moment.