PDA

View Full Version : Small retaining wall

WalkerMan9669
03-23-2005, 02:40 PM
Hi, a guy wants a 60foot long...and 3 block high wall put in his back yard. He wants me to connect this to his neighbors wall. There is a small bank that he wants it against. Can anyone help with what to charge....and how much time this will take? Thanks.......Matt

BMFD92
03-23-2005, 02:47 PM
post this in the hardscaping forum

MMLawn
03-23-2005, 02:51 PM
First do you have the training and experience (and Insurance) to build such a wall? There is a HUGE liability in NC should it fail and anyone get hurt if it is improperly done. It also very well may have to be approved by Guilford County.

Dude, you need to be careful and do some research on the Law in NC. I know after I told you last night that you had to have a State Issued License to Frtilize and now this it may seem like I am on your azz, but I really am not! I am trying to help you since you are a teenager and clearly don't know the deal in NC and keep you out of jail. To do any landscape installs, design, builds, or any other hardscape you Must have a separate License issued by the State of North Carolina Landscape Contractors Board. To get that lisense you have to prove and document at least 2 years of training in the field/school. Failure to have it and do such work is a violation of NC Law.

It seems to me you are eager to go but unaware of what you need to go. If I where you, you need to just grow your mowing service and forget stuff that you aren't licensed and/or trained to do just yet.

Good luck!

YardPro
03-23-2005, 07:39 PM
my cousin just built a house in high point, and i'll be going up and installing his wall for him sometime after memorial weekend.

I have had to submit a plan, and get the city's approval.I am sure it is the same in greensboro.

the problem with hardscapes is that there is a lifetime liability. YOU are liable for ANY injuries, dammages that result in the wall as long as it stands ( forever if installed properly)

MMLawn
03-23-2005, 08:41 PM
my cousin just built a house in high point, and i'll be going up and installing his wall for him sometime after memorial weekend.

I have had to submit a plan, and get the city's approval.I am sure it is the same in greensboro.

the problem with hardscapes is that there is a lifetime liability. YOU are liable for ANY injuries, dammages that result in the wall as long as it stands ( forever if installed properly)

Exactly Yardpro and that is why I was telling this kid what i did to try and head off trouble for him and yes GBO requires site plans too in many cases.

When you get up this way PM me and I'll buy you lunch.

neversatisfiedj
03-24-2005, 06:53 AM
make sure there isn't a variance between you and your neighbor like it is in my developement.

YardPro
03-24-2005, 07:20 AM
Exactly Yardpro and that is why I was telling this kid what i did to try and head off trouble for him and yes GBO requires site plans too in many cases.

When you get up this way PM me and I'll buy you lunch.

sounds good to me.
if you play any golf, my cousin gan get us on several courses there.. Sedgefield, starmount, etc...
i lived in greensboro for a few years (went to uncg). I just went there in feb> for the icpi certification. Boy has it grown in 11 years......

MMLawn
03-24-2005, 08:30 AM
sounds good to me.
if you play any golf, my cousin gan get us on several courses there.. Sedgefield, starmount, etc...
i lived in greensboro for a few years (went to uncg). I just went there in feb> for the icpi certification. Boy has it grown in 11 years......

Sounds like a plan then. We also maintain several lawns at the Sedgefield Country Club. BTW, don't let the fact that my Callaway bag has my name on the front of it intimidate you though........ payup