PDA

View Full Version : Lawn Duky

Acute Cut
05-11-2000, 03:12 AM
I HAVE TO mow in the rain. No option. (Near Seattle-3-5 mo rain constantly). When i finish with a lawn and turn off the blades i get Mower duky. It is all the wet grass that doesnt bag and it splatters everywhere. Any ideas on how to stop this that i can do? (Not mowing in the rain is not an option-thanks though,hehe)

lawrence stone
05-11-2000, 08:37 AM
Keep the blades engaged until the machine is on the trailer. Then turn the blades off and let the crap end up on the floor of your trailer. Use a shovel and a bucket to clean up the trailer floor at the end of the day.

MOW ED
05-11-2000, 07:20 PM
I tried the blades spinning until I got on the trailer last week by accident. I don't know about you but my trailer ramp has a moderate slope and I remembered that I had my blades spinning when 1 blade put a 1/2 inch gash in to 3" angle. I don't have any suggestions for you other than be careful if you try the above suggestion. P.S. The Toro blade didn't even dent or bend.

Charles
05-11-2000, 07:33 PM
Lawn Duky eeeewwww!!!. Just ate and got to look at a lawn duky post:) I say take your lawn duky and shine it up real good......

Jason
05-11-2000, 07:46 PM
I don't know about lawn duky, but I do know about dog duky. Yesterday while trimming around a bed with a string trimmer, I found a fresh land mine. The string hit it just right and sent a load of dog crap into my face. It was a very unpleasant experience to say the least. :)

Ssouth
05-11-2000, 09:20 PM
I encounter this problem quite often. Most of my lawns are shaded and if i start early in the morning they are still wet with dew. I try to find one out of the way spot to disengage the blades while mowing ( may have to do this several times during one cut) When I'm finished cutting, I either rake it up and put it in a bag or blow it into overgrown areas. { Alot of my properties ajoin a wildlife refuge and I don't think the refuge minds a little wet grass under the fence} If you don't scrape your deck regularly try this it also helps. I spend a lot of time scraping my deck because I mulch. Hope this is a help<p>

accuratelawn
05-11-2000, 10:13 PM
Along the lines of Stone. Maybe put down a piece of plywood... keep blades going until on the wood. Turn them off to let the lawn terds fall on the board. You know the rest

Acute Cut
05-12-2000, 03:24 AM
Hmmmm.... Plywood hugh? Maybe... I did one lawn today (in the rain of course) and a guy was pressure washing the driveway. I turned off the blades without thinking. oops. we both laughed. So the battle rages onward. I wonder if my new &quot;end all super vac/bag&quot; will solve this problem. I hope so. I cant wait. It is one week overdue already. 12 CUBIC FEET of grass! Wow! That is equal to a 56 gallon garbage can AND a 32 gallon can! Will be fun lifting when wet. Have fun yall and thanks for the input.

MOW ED
05-12-2000, 08:04 AM
Jason,<br>I don't advocate being &quot;shitfaced&quot; on the job - we work with dangerous equipment. But I do work along a body of water and I have been &quot;duckfaced&quot; before. Now I charge more for that so they get a larger - bill.

Acute Cut
05-13-2000, 12:47 AM
Mow Ed:<br>Funny. Lame, but funny.<br>LOL