PDA

View Full Version : THE magic power of the earth acient recycled coal!

Green Quality
03-24-2005, 07:00 AM
I wondering have any of you hearded of this or maybe even tryed this.Humic acid from coal concentraded vegetation from millions of years organic nutrients. Humic acid reduces the need for watering,cuts your fertlizer in half,and eventually eliminates the need for weed killer.humic acid builds strong roots in difficult situations.mixed with nitrogen or fertilzer it act as a buffer so that the fertilizer does not leach.Also Humic acid aerates the soil from the inside out. sounds good what have you heard or seen with humic acid :waving:

NattyLawn
03-24-2005, 09:02 AM
Check this site out...Very interesting product and company...

http://www.teravita.com/

lawnlubber
03-26-2005, 03:28 AM
A good compost or good topsoil will have humic acid in it. This is what organics is all about, increasing the humus or humic acid in the soil.

Green Quality
03-26-2005, 09:49 AM
yes this is true!, but humic acid in it's true form needs to break free from it's prison ,if I can use this as a example!It would be useless if left in it's true form.I have a prouduct that is about 4%humic acid. that is active free from it 's prison. 1qt would = about 44 tons of garden compost! some thing to think about. example humic acid in it's true form can stay in that form for millions of years with breaking down!and not release any of it's rich nutrients!

lawnlubber
03-27-2005, 02:32 PM
I'm not sure about this mystical talk about the true form, but 44 tons of compost is very useful to me. I applied something near that as topdressing last year, excellent results in every case. The sifted finished compost also provides an excellent seed bed will a quart of humic acid in its "true form" provide a nice soft moist place for a seed to sit and germinate?

Green Quality
03-28-2005, 01:20 PM
The forestry environmental dept of Alabama.use humic acid,for reclamation of industrial land,land such as crushed shale!and yes they have grass grown on crushed shale with out the use of top soil.do a word search on humic acid find out the facts for your self!

lawnlubber
03-28-2005, 10:28 PM
I'm not a disbeliever in humic acid's value. Its just that I don't see why you would pay to get it seperate from organic matter. Like my pappy used to say you can never have too much organic matter.