PDA

View Full Version : to milorganite users

treemeat
03-25-2005, 10:32 PM
I like the idea of "organics" and would like my business to incorporate them.
I know there are alternatives but milorganite is cheap. only one problem: how do you tell a customer that concentrated human excrement will be applied to their lawn? ;)

Teiman
03-26-2005, 12:36 AM
Wow, thats a great question.

I can be pretty smooth on the sales thing but
I have no idea how to sell that service.

If your honest, and successfully selling human feces,
then you are working way below your pay grade.

You need to be on wall street.

I'll watch this thread just for S..ts and grins

lawnlubber
03-26-2005, 03:19 AM
I'm a Cheesehead so I guess I need to defend the quality of our excrement.(milorganite is the product of Milwaukee's fine citizenry, they are fed only the best brats and cheese) You don't need to advertise where this came from. Milorganite has been around for years. The fertilizer industry is heavily regulated and has required this product to be extensively tested. It is completely safe there are no pathogens and the residual contaminates like heavy metals are all within federal guidelines for safety. It is a consistent product with N-P-K printed on the package unlike many organic products. There is no foul smell and it won't burn the way synthetic fertilizers can when they are used improperly. I would have no fears about using Milorganite.

WhohasHelios?
03-27-2005, 02:12 PM
I find most of my clients are not really all that concerned about the whats and wheres and hows of amendments like that. I have sold Milorganite alot in the past. No one has ever had a problem with it when i tell them what it is. That being said, I dont readily divulge that it is sewer sludge.

But if people ask, i tell them.

On this note, I have also had pretty good success using Milorganite for repelling deer as well. Works off the predator urine philosophy i guess.

Something to keep in mind. :)

-Reuben

Old Red
03-27-2005, 06:46 PM
...... Milwaukee's fine citizenry, they are fed only the best brats and cheese ......

They eat the best cheese, glad to hear you can get NY Cheddar out there :D

Teiman
03-27-2005, 10:57 PM
Who..... Yep

Thats why I never do it near my tree-stand Don't even fart if the
wind is wrong.

Teiman
03-27-2005, 11:00 PM
you might have to be a bow hunter to understand that last one.

I belong to PETA

People for Eating Tasty Animals !!!!

Garden Panzer
03-28-2005, 05:15 PM
Hey that's funny...

I'm a member of PETA as well:

PANZERS EQUIPTED TO ASSAULT

Teiman
03-28-2005, 07:46 PM
Panzer guy,

You might appreciate this. I nailed a muskrat on my pond today at 20 yards
with a 3 foot piece of treated 4 x 4. I just had to tell somebody.....

snapped its spine and drove it 6" into the mud. Tail wiggled for a while.

Sorry if your offended, but you seem like the type that might appreciate
accurate the use of improvised weaponry

nocutting
04-01-2005, 09:32 AM
In our area we call them "Bio-solids", but what ever you call them most organic lawn/landscpe associations wont allow there use? .....With all the benifits most of these groups side with the very enviromentally [ did I say "Mentally"]-"Martha Stewarts" of society.[ they dont spend much, but carry a loud voice when it comes to Breast Cancer Awareness, polluteing our ground water, run-off in the sound / ocean,]....I was doin a trade show, had a picture of some "Purple-loosestrife", and the "Crowd went wild"lol,lol,lol....People started Freakin Out, that I was promoteing a wet land grass thats known for robbing the water!!!!......Even as I explained that all plants came from local certified nurseries[ these plants were being propagated for sale]....There was no-way to talk to these people!!!! [ in a civilized manner ]...I relented and removed the picture from our perennial display-Saxon ;)

locutus
04-01-2005, 07:25 PM
Why explain it? " I will be applying fertilizer to your lawn this week." leave it at that.

dishboy
04-02-2005, 12:43 AM
I like the idea of "organics" and would like my business to incorporate them.
I know there are alternatives but milorganite is cheap. only one problem: how do you tell a customer that concentrated human excrement will be applied to their lawn? ;)

Why would you want to reveal your trade secrets? On a serious note, I prefer other products over Milorganite. I want potash in my mix without having to custom mix or make a separate application.