PDA

View Full Version : Jungle Jims Trimmer mate

nt1
03-26-2005, 10:26 AM
Anyone using these 1 place trimmer racks on your truck or trailer? If so how do you like them? Does the clamping mechanism work well and do the trimmers roll in the rack?

I am thinking about installing one on each side of an F-150, one for a stick edger and one for a trimmer.

Toy2
03-26-2005, 10:51 AM
I have a trimmer trap, which works well in my enclosed, it looks like JJ will back up all that they sell, I don't think you can go wrong with them.. :)

nt1
03-26-2005, 12:26 PM
The trimmer trap racks are good.

However, if I mount them in a f-150 I THINK the top 2 or 3 trimmers would too high to reach easily. Also the padlock would probably be difficult too reach.

That is why I am thinking of using a single rack system on each bed-rail of the truck.

nitrotim
03-26-2005, 10:32 PM
The trimmer trap racks are good.

However, if I mount them in a f-150 I THINK the top 2 or 3 trimmers would too high to reach easily. Also the padlock would probably be difficult too reach.

That is why I am thinking of using a single rack system on each bed-rail of the truck.

I have the three place trimmer rack from JJ. I don't find it to high to get to the top two trimmers but when you side mount them its a pita to access your trailer from the side. I am thinking about moving them to the front of the trailer so the sides remain open. I will post pics of the rack tomorrow.

nt1
03-27-2005, 09:54 AM
Thanks for the help so far.

From the photos on the JUNGLE JIM'S site it looks like the trimmer head side of the rack ( TRIMMER-MATE single rack) might not clamp down on the trimmer shaft. It looks like you just rest it in the cradle and the trimmer head side could bounce up and down.

Anyone have a trimmer mate that would like to enlighten me to their pro's and con's?

nt1
03-29-2005, 12:25 PM
Bump, Bump, Buh Bump Bump