PDA

View Full Version : Spring Clean Up Bid

fairways
03-27-2005, 05:17 PM
What do most of you include in a spring clean up bid?

bobbygedd
03-27-2005, 05:18 PM
spring cleanup= cleanup of natural debris/sticks/leaves in beds, and on and arouind turf areas

WhohasHelios?
03-27-2005, 05:21 PM
Beds cleaned and edged. Removal of organic debris. Light pruning if needed (perennials usually if they werent done in fall)

Then I try to upsell mulch and organic fertilizer applications at this point as well.

-Reuben

fairways
03-27-2005, 05:30 PM
Who do you use for your organic fertilizer? Do you apply after a couple of mows or before. Once in spring/fall?

WhohasHelios?
03-27-2005, 06:02 PM
Actually, for that post I was only referring to shrubs and garden plants for the fertilization. However since we are talking about it..

This year I am switching my product of choice to Gaja Green Products
They are making some really interesting certified organic blends.

-Reuben

WhohasHelios?
03-27-2005, 06:04 PM
And as for the application timing with lawns, because it is an organic blend and will not burn the lawn, I apply pretty much the same time i give the lawn a bit of a scalping for the first cut of the season. Encourage the horizontal growth and give the soil a good dose of fertilizer. I am really looking forward to seeing the results of the new products this year.

LB1234
03-27-2005, 10:19 PM
I include what they ask done and then recommend anything additional I may see could use some attention.

WhohasHelios?
03-27-2005, 10:26 PM
I include what they ask done and then recommend anything additional I may see could use some attention.

You mean actually do what what the customer wants??!!

No no..that would be too easy man....

lol

LB1234
03-27-2005, 11:07 PM
You mean actually do what what the customer wants??!!

No no..that would be too easy man....

lol

Ya, interesting concept...providing the customer with what they ask for. More people should try it...it works...satisfaction guaranteed!! :waving:

spoolinaround
03-27-2005, 11:50 PM
what I do for a cleanup is

rake out flowerbeds
rake out tree rings
pick up sticks
blow out gutters (1 story homes only)
cut grass and suck up leaves
and if requested: Aerate and apply first fert app

$199 and up payup

HOOLIE
03-28-2005, 12:20 AM

That's what I do as well. The vast majority of calls I get in March are for mulch, hardly anyone requests a "spring clean-up". If bushes need to be trimmed also, or leaves cleaned up, I throw that in there as well.

Kaskov
03-28-2005, 03:17 AM
Hey what about de-thatching? Doesn't anyone hear rake out their lawns or de-thatch them in the spring?
I follow this method:
1. Blow out all the beds and hard to get to areas free of leaves and debri
2. Completely rake out the lawn by hand or of course de-thatch it
3. Edge, trim and mow (in that order)
4. Turn all the beds
5. Broom up all the salt and sand that accumulated in street over the winter directly in front of curb.
6. Blow out all walkways, curbs, stoops etc

lawnguyland
03-28-2005, 12:18 PM
kaskov, I agree.
On LI dethatching is part of the clean-up. I also do pre-m, fert and lime too.