PDA

View Full Version : Pics of my Isuzu NPR

Lawnworks
03-27-2005, 06:39 PM
Here are some shots of my box truck. I finally got all my lettering and setup finished.

http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35043

I may add some more later, but I feel this will get the message across.

http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35044

How about some tinted windows? You can't see in this truck from 1 foot away.

http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35045&stc=1

I usually only have one chopper and a walk-behind, but for one job I use both choppers.

http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35046

One more pic of the inside.

mdb landscaping
03-27-2005, 07:51 PM
nice truck, nice equipment. i think you shoulda gone a different root, being a little more creative and not rip off lawnsites logo.

WhohasHelios?
03-27-2005, 08:14 PM
nice truck, nice equipment. i think you shoulda gone a different root, being a little more creative and not rip off lawnsites logo.

LOL!!!!

I was sitting there looking at the pics, going wth have i seen those logos before???

Then i scrolled down!!!!

Lawnworks
03-27-2005, 08:31 PM

I disagree. Lawnsite has an EXCELLENT logo, and I feel like it fits my company and my needs perfectly. Sure I can't take the credit for it, but in the end I am not impressing lawsite.com members... I am impressing my local society. I feel like the logo and name says everything.

WhohasHelios?
03-27-2005, 08:58 PM
I disagree. Lawnsite has an EXCELLENT logo, and I feel like it fits my company and my needs perfectly. Sure I can't take the credit for it, but in the end I am not impressing lawsite.com members... I am impressing my local society. I feel like the logo and name says everything.

I think perhaps he was just referring more to the lack of originality involved.
I cannot say I disagree with the comment either.

Lawnsite DOES have a great logo. Simple, clean, clear, nice colours....I repsect them for taking the time to develop it, or have it developed by paying someone to do so.

-Reuben

mdb landscaping
03-27-2005, 09:04 PM
yes the logo is good, im just saying more creativity couldve been used.

tiedeman
03-27-2005, 09:30 PM
nice looking truck you have there. Send it up my way for I can use it

Lawnworks
03-27-2005, 09:46 PM
yes the logo is good, im just saying more creativity couldve been used.

well... I am not a creative person so I just go with what works

LLandscaping
03-27-2005, 10:36 PM
What year is your cabover and what size is the box?

Lawnworks
03-27-2005, 11:07 PM
'99 and 16ft box w/ 4ft dovetail

Bull
03-28-2005, 04:16 AM
I would try to do something to keep the gas tanks on my trimmers help in the upright position. The lettering on the truck looks to plain. Seems like you need to utilize more of the space for advertising some specifics that you do.

Planet Landscaping
03-28-2005, 05:44 AM
Nice looking setup, Keep up the good work.:gunsfirin

proenterprises
03-28-2005, 05:54 PM
I like it as well. It is clear and effective. The yellow on green looks nice as well.

Gilla Gorilla
03-28-2005, 07:08 PM
Nice looking truck but when did Isuzu start putting chevrolet stickers on the fronts of their cabs?

I cant say I remember seeing one like that.

AL Inc
03-28-2005, 07:30 PM
I like the truck. I've been kicking the idea around of a box truck, the only problem is what to do with the debris. We mulch a lot of the lawns, but as far as branches or leaves, I would have to run a second (dump) truck. How do you work this?

Lux Lawn
03-28-2005, 07:34 PM
Work truck and a rolling billboard all wrapped up into one....I like it.

Lawnworks
03-28-2005, 09:08 PM
I like the truck. I've been kicking the idea around of a box truck, the only problem is what to do with the debris. We mulch a lot of the lawns, but as far as branches or leaves, I would have to run a second (dump) truck. How do you work this?

We don't have a problem. We just keep some 55 gallon bags and bag the trash. When I have the walk-behind I have plenty of room for trash. If it is alot of trash I just schedule it till the end of the day and put it on the dovetail.

Tony Clifton
03-28-2005, 09:17 PM
Nice looking truck but when did Isuzu start putting chevrolet stickers on the fronts of their cabs?

I cant say I remember seeing one like that.

Isuzu is owned by General Motors....The Isuzu/GMC/Chevy Cabovers are all the same, they some into port without any decals, whichever dealer sells them puts the appropriate one on the truck.

LLandscaping
03-28-2005, 10:43 PM
Lawnworks thanks for the reply, with both of your Dixie Choppers loaded do you still have room for a walkbehind on the back. We are probably going to get a Isuzu box truck this coming year and do you think we could fit two Ztr's and a 48in walkbehind and 3 21's in a 16ft box like yours? Do you lose any space inside the box with the dovetail attached? Thanks for all you help and I hope you have a prosperous year.

Lawnworks
03-28-2005, 11:18 PM
LLandscaping

I don't think you would be able to fit two 60" ZTRs and a walk-behind... at least on a regular basis. I don't like having a machine resting on the gate of the dovetail b/c it will bend the pins. You would probably need a 20ft box Isuzu to fit three machines unless they are small ZTRs. Once you stop using a trailer, you will never go back. I sure as hell don't want employees pulling a trailer around.

Bull
Seems like you need to utilize more of the space for advertising some specifics that you do.

I don't know man. That is debatable. My name says everything. That is really the only thing I want people to concentrate on. I believe in brand recognition, brand recognition, and brand recognition and my advertising budget proves it! If anything else goes on the box it will be photos of my face or crew-in-action-photos.

Victor
03-30-2005, 10:51 PM
You can definitely fit 2 60" ZTR's and a walkbehind on your 16' box truck. You can actually fit more than that on it. Just turn your mowers sideways in the box and that will open up a lot more room. You just need to get those trimmers mounted up, out of the way where mowers won't hit them. I'd be awfully nervous having employees drive ZTR's into my truck all day, with trimmers and other things hanging down where they could hit them. When I laid out my truck, I intentionally mounted all my racks high enough, so that nothing would get hit by my mowers.

Vic

Lawnworks
03-30-2005, 11:12 PM
Got a pic of the inside of yours? New ideas are always a plus.

Woodman1
03-31-2005, 09:38 PM
Lawnworks,

Do you have any pictures of your dovetail. Where did you get it, and where did you get your truck?

Thanks,

Jay

Victor
04-01-2005, 10:14 PM
Go to the thread I started that's titled "pics of my cutting rig." The third pic on the first page of that thread shows my mowers sideways in the truck. Since that picture was taken, I've removed the work bench and built a huge storage cabinet that is up against the back wall. It's bottom is high enough that I can park a mower under it. Now... there's nothing in my truck that I have to worry about a mower hitting. Everything is mounted safely up and out of the way. That way, I can use every last inch of my floor space. By doing that, the two ZTR's sit a lot further back in the truck's box and I have that much room left over now.

Vic

Jeff@SGLC.ca
04-02-2005, 02:03 AM
I think you needed to say look at my CHEVY NPR. Yes I know they are all the same company but you do have chevy badges man.

mowtime
04-02-2005, 07:11 PM
Hi Lawnworks, I was wondering did you get that box from an old ryder truck or is that factory. There is someone in my town that has two isuzu trucks with just the frames no box for sale. Just seeing yours gave me an idea

Lawnworks
04-02-2005, 10:13 PM
I bought mine from a wholesaler who bought it from Lowe's.