PDA

View Full Version : What would you charge ??

jccordes2
03-28-2005, 11:46 AM
I have a bid out on a 25 x 27 = 675 sq ft. Interlock segmented paver patio. it has 2 corners that are rounded with a border around the whole patio. using 5" base + 2" sand. not much excavation needed at all. I can pull the dump trailer up to site. Just wondering what kinds of prices you guys would bid this at?

thanks

Jeff

YardPro
03-28-2005, 12:27 PM
first it should be no more than 1" of sand.

but as far as the price goes, no one can give you an accurate price for what YOU should charge, BUT we get $8-$15.oo/sqft.

jccordes2
03-28-2005, 12:50 PM
Yah I hear you, I always bid jobs out at what I need to make, I was just wondering what you guys are getting out there.

brentsawyer
04-02-2005, 07:59 PM
Usually I take two approaches to every job. First approach is job cost. I add up all costs from excavation, disposal, sand, etc. I then use man hours needed to complete the job and apply a standard rate and get one answer. I then compare that to a per sq. ft. estimate that I can factor the job to from previous jobs and get a second number. Usuallly I look at the two numbers and average them together and make minor adjustments for rounding. Off hand, if the job were constructed with 4"x8" pavers netting the lowest cost, easiest access with excavation, right on $10.50-11 per ft. However, the same job with Antiqued or tumbled pavers like Belgard that are laid in a random pattern could be $14-15 ft. That's about all the help or info. I could give you based on what you provided.