PDA

View Full Version : protecting trailer floors

fga
03-29-2005, 10:56 AM
is there anything you put down on the plywood of your trailer to protect it?

Expert Lawns
03-29-2005, 12:13 PM
good post, I was thinking the same thing today. I am going to powerwash the bejesus out of the floor today, then I want to treat it and paint it.

PLM-1
03-29-2005, 12:16 PM
I think some people have put line-x on theirs. But i'm wondering now.....

nt1
03-29-2005, 12:17 PM
I remember someone on here using the spray in rhino liner in their enclosed trailer on the floor and a few feet up the walls. Seems like that would offer some protection and it would be easy to hose off when cleaning it.

procut
03-29-2005, 01:16 PM
Not sure if your talking about an enclosed or open trailer, but if it is open, I had a dealer tell me to put Thomsons Water Seal on the top side, and leave the bottom side unsealed so it can "breathe" and it wil last forever.

kellroy
03-29-2005, 02:01 PM
I've got an enclosed trailer that I used a garage floor paint that they sell at lowes used the lowes brand(recommended by the employee in paint dept) instead of the more expensive name brands.used kilts to prime the applied two coats , 1 gallon covered the whole floor on a 6/12x 16 trailer and the 2x4s that I used against the walls to keep them from abuse . (glad i did) :) the paint has the consistency of concrete but has held up to a lot of traffic from two ztr mowers and equipment. I've got almost year and half probably going to ad another coat this summer.

kellroy
KLC THE GRASS IS GREENER ON OUR SIDE :cool2:

Toy2
03-29-2005, 05:25 PM
Kellroy, was it just paint? I thought about using the epoxy on the floor, like I have in my garage, they told me at HD not to use it, it will become hard and a sudden bump it will crack the whole floor and lift off, I guess it just needs to be oil based paint...

Carolina Cutter
03-29-2005, 05:30 PM
I painted mine with SKID-NOT paint from Lowes. Has the sand feeling to it. There is an anti=skid material in it. So far holding up very well. I am very pleased..

I will tell you that the stuff is thicker than regular paint due to the added material but I rolled it right on.....

Makes the floor have good traction.

Toy2
03-29-2005, 06:03 PM
What color was the skid paint? I think gray gives the look of something bigger....I want gray!!

Shadetree Ltd
03-29-2005, 06:42 PM
I spray Line-X on the trailer floor and one foot up the wall. Whenever it gets really dirty you can just rinse/pressure wash it out. We cut in the rain all the time and the trailer is constantly wet. It is really exensive but it will last longer than the rest of the trailer, never rot or need a reapplication and it prevents any damage on the walls from the lawn mowers. There are pics of my old trailer (it was stolen in November 04) on here somewhere.

Scott

Expert Lawns
03-29-2005, 07:13 PM
Can this "non-skid" stuff be used on open trailers? If so, will it hold up through the elements?

Carolina Cutter
03-29-2005, 07:20 PM
Can this "non-skid" stuff be used on open trailers? If so, will it hold up through the elements?

I would think it would.....it is made for outdoor areas...like steps.........

jim dailey
03-29-2005, 08:04 PM
is there anything you put down on the plywood of your trailer to protect it?

Adam; I went to HD and got the bedliners stuff. I built my own 20' enclosed w/wooden sides and floor. Painted 18" up on the sides. Hose and a broom gets it clean. Total cost was $ 45.00, a year ago.