PDA

View Full Version : Hydroseeding material

snow
05-10-2000, 10:26 PM
Just wondering if you can buy pre-mixed hydroseeding material and spray it with a small backpack sprayer? The sprayer would probably have to be customized, unless they made one that's for hydroseeding. Where can get small amounts of the pre-mixed hydroseeding material(if they make it) and a small backpack sprayer made to spray it(if they make it). Also, how much should i charge per sq. ft. Some of my customers are interested in it, but they only have a small section they want sprayed Thanks in advance,<p>Bryan<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.snowplow.web.com&quot;&gt;The Snowplow Homepage&lt;/a&gt;<br>

slingshot
05-11-2000, 03:17 PM
well hydroseeding the cost for material is about 2 cents a sq ft you charge anywere from 4 to 12 cents depends on the seed or if you need tackifier so it depends on the mix to make money at hydroseeding yo have to be doing large areas as for the pre mixed stuff and the sprayer i think you lost your mind on that one maybee you could make one but you would need an adjetator

thelawnguy
05-11-2000, 09:34 PM
For small jobs theres a product, one brand is Penn Mulch, looks like rabbit food pellets, first you spread the seed with your broadcast or drop spreader then you spread the rabbit pellets with a drop spreader when the water hits the pellets they expand into a mulch product. Works very well, but isnt cheap but works good for jobs under 5000 feet where a water-retaining mulch is necessary.<p>If interested e-mail me, there are two local dealers, ones a sod farm the other is Harts Seed I can get you more info when I get a chance.<p>Bill