PDA

View Full Version : rosebush transplant

newmoonfarm
03-30-2005, 08:45 AM
i'm having a hard time trying to decide what to charge per rosebush to dig, wrap in burlap then replant after beds are finished any ideas

Garth
03-30-2005, 12:19 PM
Best time to have transplanted roses is when they are dormant. December through February. If they are small roses I'd charge $10/plant, and large plants over five years old, a bit more. It would take me about 15 minutes to dig and wrap, then 15 minutes to dig the hole, apply bone meal, ammendments, to the soil, backfill and apply B-1 or Superthrive to kick start the rooting process. About $20/hr. Depending on your area, mulching would be a professional touch as it allows the soil to stay cooler and help retain moisture.

sheshovel
03-30-2005, 03:26 PM
Comon Garth 15 min to dig and wrap a rose?15 min to dig and amend a new hole?Your faster than that aren't ya??LOL It would take me 5 to dig and wrap and mabey 10 for the redig and plant,If your re-landscaping the yard it should be included as part of what you have to do to get the landscape installed.

Garth
04-01-2005, 06:34 PM
Hey, us non-profits gotta milk these things. The last time I told someone I could transplant a rose in 15 minutes, it was a bloody nightmare. 10 roses no less that fifty years old with roots the size of my thigh were what she had in mind. And she had that annoying old lady habit of smiling and nodding that you know she is up to something devious. I made 15 pounds sterling when I should have made 50. Besides, these chrome highlights in my hair show I not that new.LOL