PDA

View Full Version : Hustler 2005 Mini FastTrak 42"

ClipperZ
03-30-2005, 08:42 AM
Peter-

Does Accelerator make a model for this machine, and if so, what do you recommend? I saw Hustler's strange, very small--but sturdy--rear-mounted double bag setup yesterday and was not impressed. It seems pretty dinky for $549! Overengineered and undersized.

I need to bag regularly but not every time. Would your system be an improvement over the factory design? Would the XL work as part of your system on this mower? How long to get a bagger once ordered?

My imminent decision on which mower to will buy will depend on the bagging system available.

Thanks,

Jim, near Atlanta

PeterA
03-30-2005, 11:27 PM
Hi Jim,
Thanks for talking to me earlier today. For the benefit of anyone else reading this thread:
We do have catchers for the Mini series fastrak 36 and 42 inch decks. I don't know anything about the factory bagger setup, so it is difficult to make a fair comparison. I am skeptical of any system involving rear bagging that does not use a pony motor or a belt driven impeller. I will say that hustler products fare well in the marketplace and are well regarded here on lawnsite, so I would reserve judgment on it until I had some feedback from others on the site.
As far as availability, this catcher is not likely to be stocked at most of our distributors, so it would have to be shipped from the factory to the dealer. This would take about 1 week.
Also, we don't offer the catcher in a 6.2 size for this mower, as I think it would be too large for the machine (especially the 36). List price is $359.00. The part number is GCFT36. The bracket setup is fairly simple. I don't know if you could use a mulch plate with our bracket attached. It is fairly easy to remove our bracket, however.

cphilip
08-19-2005, 02:22 PM
I was thinking the same thing when I was reviewing Hustlers new rear bagger. The typical tube to clog. No way its not going to be a problem in wet grass. I am pretty sure Hustler outscorces this thing. So its something they probably have little to lose by offering it. But at $549 it sure is pricey for just a rear mount. Although it surely does tuck in nice.... what good is that if it doesn't work?

The Accelorator sure does look like it will work. Although sticks out a bunch. But it don't take no engineer to know if your going simple and no blower your going to have to give up something. So from what I can see its give up $200 and get one that don't work too good.... or save $200 and get something that will work but may hinder your clearances and be taken off for certain spots.

I guess it make no sense but to go with the Accelorator from what I can see.