PDA

View Full Version : mulch bid, what do you think???

swing blade
03-30-2005, 02:28 PM
Hi guys,

I wanted your opinion on a one of my employees has put together. i am trying to get him somewhat trained as a foreman or manager. here is the specs

40 cu yds of mulch installed : 2500.00, which includes the labor and materials.

i know there are a lot of other variables but i want him to see some of your responses

thanks

wally world III
03-30-2005, 03:57 PM
mulch calculator

www.atstecks.com
then, supply
then, mulch
put in width ---- length
diameter of circle
then, thickness ie: 2" --- 3" --- 4"

mulch triple & double ground, red, brown, black cost $ 22/ yd
express blower $ 19/ yd installed
i always use express blower......... ~~~ Sell $65 / yd ~~~ $95 /yd

srk1378
03-31-2005, 04:10 PM
I think your bid is right on. I was going to post a thread trying to get the going rate for ohio companies. I am a small two man company and we are charging @ 50.00 per yard for mulch and installation. Sounds like we are in the same ballpark, although we might be a little low. Let me know what you think.
Thanks, Scott

swing blade
04-02-2005, 01:07 PM
Scott,

Thanks for the reply. I am really glad i got some response to show to my right hand man (In Training) He has a tendency to shy away from doing bids as he is afriad i will be upset with the price he comes up with. i am basically just trying to get him some exposure. And also to wally world, Thanks for the great link. I am looking into renting a bark blower from a local supplier, but i am not sure yet. i'll keep you informed as to the progression of the bid and my trainee.

thanks for the help and encouragement.

milo

MN Wildwood
04-03-2005, 01:54 AM
For 40 yards of mulch I would have around $2100.00 in labor delivery and mulch on top of this, $2500 sounds fairly close depending on your material cost