PDA

View Full Version : Open trailer owners...

nobagger
03-30-2005, 08:28 PM
I have an idea for a cover for your equipment that attatches to your trailer. First you would need a raised box in front of your trailer, I made a couple of brackets to attatch on top of the box w/ a pole running through it and a handle for rolling and attatched a heavier tarp that a awning shop made me that fits around trimmer racks and backpack blowers. Simply roll it over the equipment and this attatches to the rear lift gate with anchors. It hangs down the sides as well and attatches to the top rail of the trailer and on the side I had it silked screened "J and B Lawncare Call (123) 456-7890. Its just an idea I thought I would through out there.

walker-talker
03-30-2005, 09:30 PM
Got any pics....I would love to see how it looks. Sounds like a good idea and fairly easy to make.

grass_cuttin_fool
03-30-2005, 09:36 PM
Main thing I see that could be a problem, you are going to need a roof brace to go from side to side of the trailer to give it support, or when it rains its gonna sink in the middle and be like a pond. And with roof braces at 4 feet high you are gonna have to be ducking all the time when load and unloading

N.H.BOY
03-30-2005, 09:38 PM
That sounds like a great idea, but I really dont understand the awning over the trimmer racks and blower racks :dizzy: When I throw over a tarp over my 20' trailer it seems that the trimmer rack is the tallest and when it rains it forms a little pond and drags the tarp down onto the bed of the trailer. Now I have no place to pull the trailer into, but my equiment stays inside in the winter, but not all spring and summer, so if you do get a pic that would be great. :waving:

nobagger
03-30-2005, 09:58 PM
That sounds like a great idea, but I really dont understand the awning over the trimmer racks and blower racks :dizzy: When I throw over a tarp over my 20' trailer it seems that the trimmer rack is the tallest and when it rains it forms a little pond and drags the tarp down onto the bed of the trailer. Now I have no place to pull the trailer into, but my equiment stays inside in the winter, but not all spring and summer, so if you do get a pic that would be great. :waving:

I'm sorry I meant the trimmer racks are still exposed. The tarp goes around the rack and blower racks.

nobagger
03-30-2005, 10:04 PM
Main thing I see that could be a problem, you are going to need a roof brace to go from side to side of the trailer to give it support, or when it rains its gonna sink in the middle and be like a pond. And with roof braces at 4 feet high you are gonna have to be ducking all the time when load and unloading

Sorry I forgot to mention that there is a brace that folds up and down (before or after transport) this is only for when your equipment will be sitting maybe overnight or for longer periods of time, so its not up during transport.

mikeyshane331
03-30-2005, 10:21 PM
hey i was wondering how much this costed you and i would also love some pics thanks

nobagger
03-31-2005, 06:34 AM
hey i was wondering how much this costed you and i would also love some pics thanks

The cost I will have to find bills and add them up for you but somewhere in the ball park of $400.00 and no pics yet, Its not complete but it is patented, I'm thinking of producing these.