PDA

View Full Version : Question about mowers on trailer

lawnandplow42
03-30-2005, 08:58 PM
Do you guys leave your mowers on the trailer, or take them off at the end of the work day?

Will leaving the mowers uncovered cause any mechanical harm? Like if it rains. Out of common sense I've always covered the mowers, but will some rain actually hurt them?
thanks-dave

grass_cuttin_fool
03-30-2005, 09:03 PM
water on top of the decks can get around the spindle bearings and cause rust, and watewr isnt really good on the electical parts of the engine. I leave mine on the trailer each night unless there is a good chance of rain then I either cover it up or unload them

LB1234
03-30-2005, 11:21 PM
on the trailer every night unless maintenance requires it to come out...then again I have an enclosed trailer...

lsylvain
03-31-2005, 10:51 AM
I used to put my stuff under the carport at night incase of the rain, but I had to pull them all off the trailer because it didn't fit.... That lasted like a month, if that. The only time after that that they got covered was if they were broke down or put up for winter. I never had any trouble with rust or electricle problems. I have one little place that has some rust where the bagger rubbed off the paint.

Grass clippings are far more corosive than rain water anyday. If your mower holds up to the grass clippings it can hold up to a little rain.