PDA

View Full Version : Central California

rsls
03-30-2005, 11:50 PM
Anyone on the site from central valley California?

cahermit
06-20-2006, 02:00 AM
Turlock; grew up in Salida, raised in Modesto; somehow ended up in Turdlock.
;)

gusbuster
11-24-2013, 12:11 AM
Well I live where the Field of Dreams.,Bass Pro and Bedroom community whose name in Spanish means lard and the Portuguese language means a place of many pigs.

It between bankrupt Stockton, east of Tracy and North of Modesto. The wonderful growing metropolis of Manteca.

A1 Lawn Aeration
01-03-2014, 08:59 PM
Im in Modesto. I need a few more landscape maintenance companies to recommend to clients. I only do aeration and thatching. Many gardeners sub me out if anyone is interested

Florida Gardener
01-15-2014, 03:34 PM
Im in Modesto. I need a few more landscape maintenance companies to recommend to clients. I only do aeration and thatching. Many gardeners sub me out if anyone is interested

just curious if you do this on bermuda or fescue(dethatching)?
Posted via Mobile Device

A1 Lawn Aeration
01-15-2014, 05:09 PM
just curious if you do this on bermuda or fescue(dethatching)?
Posted via Mobile Device

9 out of 10 times I am thatching Bermuda out here. Fescue and bluegrass might need to be done every 10 years or so if the clippings are bagged when mowed as they should be
Posted via Mobile Device

Florida Gardener
01-15-2014, 06:57 PM
interesting.

i really want to move to San Diego and i know the majority of turf is Fescue. I was curious if there was much bermuda there. i maintain sports turf here and have an aerator, verticutter, and topdresser and was wondering if they would be any use to me out there...
Posted via Mobile Device

larryinalabama
01-15-2014, 07:06 PM
I thought of retiring in Visalia, but housing everywhere in Ca. has gotton unafforidble.

I had a nice lawn business in Simi Valley/ Thousand Oaks in the late 1980s early 1990s.

A1 Lawn Aeration
01-15-2014, 08:54 PM
interesting.

i really want to move to San Diego and i know the majority of turf is Fescue. I was curious if there was much bermuda there. i maintain sports turf here and have an aerator, verticutter, and topdresser and was wondering if they would be any use to me out there...

San Diego is a long ways from me and it's a different climate but they do have Bermuda, st Augustine, fescue and bluegrass for sure. Your equipment would be fine there
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device