PDA

View Full Version : Scag Or Exmark!

BeverCreekLawnCare
03-31-2005, 04:34 PM
Wanting to pick up a new walk behind for the upcoming season, but I am still very stuck on what to go with. I own a 52" scag walkbehind and love the way it has performed, but the only downside is the uncomforitable grip. For any exmark lovers out there, I want to know about the comfort of the ez grips, and also the durabilty of the exmark. (Impossible to destroy a scag) Thank you

John Gamba
03-31-2005, 04:41 PM
Wanting to pick up a new walk behind for the upcoming season, but I am still very stuck on what to go with. I own a 52" scag walkbehind and love the way it has performed, but the only downside is the uncomforitable grip. For any exmark lovers out there, I want to know about the comfort of the ez grips, and also the durabilty of the exmark. (Impossible to destroy a scag) Thank you

Where are you Located? Then we can tell you what mower will work best.
John

qps
03-31-2005, 04:43 PM

Exmark with the new grip system works great, light in the front end but thats the only compliant I have, my old scag hydro was the toughest walk behind I've had.

BeverCreekLawnCare
03-31-2005, 04:48 PM
located in eastern Iowa

lwcmattlifter
03-31-2005, 05:20 PM
Both are excellent machines. I just got to test a TT and TTHP last week, both had ECS. WOW, the ECS is 10x more comfortable than pistol grips. The only downside is its a little bit harder to lift up the deck than with the pistols.

K&L Landscaping
03-31-2005, 05:24 PM
Both are excellent machines. I just got to test a TT and TTHP last week, both had ECS. WOW, the ECS is 10x more comfortable than pistol grips. The only downside is its a little bit harder to lift up the deck than with the pistols.
All of what you said about the ECS controls is true! I can't believe I ever used a pistol grip configuration after using the ECS. Also, you are correct about it being harder to lift the deck but that's a trade off I'm willing to make. The deck on the eXmark leaves a beautiful cut, we mowed in extremely wet conditions today and it still looked awesome when we were finished.

John Gamba
03-31-2005, 05:43 PM
located in eastern Iowa

Go for it!! Take one out for a test ride. If your dealer doesn't have one find someone that is using one and buy them lunch :) take it for a ride.
John