PDA

View Full Version : Small Tree and shrubs

fairways
03-31-2005, 07:34 PM
I am new with estimating the removal and replacement of small trees and shrubs, could someone give me a good idea on how to bid for such, thank you once again!

Coffeecraver
03-31-2005, 08:54 PM
You should go and read up on planting.

http://www.treesaregood.com/treecare/tree_planting.asp

:)

urbanlandscape
04-01-2005, 01:11 AM
My base rate for shrub removal is $25 each, depending on access. If I can, I use a tow strap hooked to my trucks hitch to pull them out. I don't have a bobcat, so it's the most efficient way to rip 'em out. You'd be surprised how long it takes to dig out a 25 year old juniper!

sheshovel
04-01-2005, 02:27 AM
It depends on what your removing,how many,how big,and how easy they are to get to.Also depends on if you are loading and hauling away the debri.

Some jobs I have done the people say "Oh just throw it on the burn pile"and the burn pile is on top of a hill far far away.Or down in a gulley you have to climb back up a few times. You need to figure out all those things then give them a flexible estimate.
Like " Well I'm not quite sure how difficult they will be to remove so the labor won't be less than...
and wont be higher than...."You can't try to put a base price on such things
other than your regular hourly charge,
because every job is different.
It's not like priceing out lawncare.There are just too many variables involved.

spoolinaround
04-01-2005, 02:38 AM
My base rate for shrub removal is $25 each, depending on access. If I can, I use a tow strap hooked to my trucks hitch to pull them out. I don't have a bobcat, so it's the most efficient way to rip 'em out. You'd be surprised how long it takes to dig out a 25 year old juniper!
LOL I have a 9k winch on my durango that usually pops anything under 5" out with ease, sometimes I have to find a telephone pole or tree to chain up to so that I dont pull the 5k# durango across the lawn, LOL