PDA

View Full Version : Asphalt

vipermanz
04-01-2005, 05:35 PM
Hey guys, what should i use to cut into asphalt? i am putting a drainage system around my house and i need to cut into the edge of some.

thanks

zedosix
04-01-2005, 06:04 PM
Use a quick cut with an asphalt blade, preferably the diamond type. If you use the abrasive type blade, be prepared for a long job.

D Felix
04-02-2005, 10:07 AM
If you are using a diamond blade, make sure it's meant for asphalt. There's different blades for different materials....

Dan

kris
04-02-2005, 06:09 PM
I'm not familiar with a diamond blade for asphalt but I definitely wouldn't' use the kind we have for pavers ... we rarely cut asphalt and when we do I buy the disposable ones. ....doesn't take that long.

zedosix
04-02-2005, 06:23 PM
I'm not familiar with a diamond blade for asphalt but I definitely wouldn't' use the kind we have for pavers ... we rarely cut asphalt and when we do I buy the disposable ones. ....doesn't take that long.

Compared to cutting with a chisel and hammer I guess it doesn't take long. :laugh:

D Felix
04-03-2005, 10:38 AM
I *think* the asphalt blades are also for "green" concrete, but I'm not sure. Asphalt and green concrete are softer and require a different hardness of the cutting medium.

Dan