PDA

View Full Version : license

LawnGrassHoppers
04-02-2005, 06:52 PM
do u need a license for using the scotts 5 step program on customers lawns(dry fertilizer).

Runner
04-02-2005, 07:52 PM
Yes and no. The straight fert. aps., I believe in your state, you are ok with. The aps that have weedkiller or pre-emergents in, you are not.

MN Wildwood
04-03-2005, 12:44 AM
Contact your state dept. of agriculture or DNR they would be able to let you know.

spoolinaround
04-03-2005, 01:06 AM
Ohio is a state that requires you to be certified/licensed for any kind of herbacide/pesticide, strait fert you will be ok

lqmustang
04-03-2005, 01:10 AM
In Ohio You need a license to apply any product commercially, including straight fertilizer.

spoolinaround
04-03-2005, 01:24 AM
In Ohio You need a license to apply any product commercially, including straight fertilizer.
didnt know that, I guess half of the LCO's I know are doing it illegally

tjgray
04-03-2005, 12:20 PM
I bet so too spoolin. Part of the problem I think is that the laws can vary so much from state to state that and there are so many out there doing chemical applications that just don't have a clue of the license requirements or restrictions.

When I think of all the records we maintain *in TX we have to keep a record of EVERYTHING we apply each and everytime we apply* all the insurance we have to maintain, all the training *working for the big guy* my husband has endured, the continuing education we have to complete each year, the license fees we have to pay each year....well it is pretty darn frustrating to know of how many that are out there applying chemicals illegally.

The saddest part to me is that there seems to be no way of really stopping it from happening. The huge fines that can be had if you get caught do not seem to be much of a deterrent :(