PDA

View Full Version : Need quick help

JamesM
04-02-2005, 06:54 PM
Hello all, Im posting this here instead of the mechanical forum as I hope to get a quicker response. My Scag has started giving me trouble. It will start fine and die after about 5-10 seconds, maybe not even that long. Just like there is a safety switch open, like the brake engaged or the control levers opened. We have narrowed it down to the safety wiring. I bought the mower used and did not get any books with it.
Can someone PLEASE scan in and email me a wiring diagram for a Turf Tiger with a Kohler. IT is a 2002 with a 61" deck and a 25 Kohler if it makes a difference. I have missed 3 days of cutting already and really need to get it going this weekend and the closest dealer is 1.5 hours away and they said it would be 2 weeks before they can look at it. If you cannot scan it you can fax it to me, just email and I will give you the fax number.
Please any help would be great. Email anything you can to clean3@cox.net.

Thank you, James McKay

polecat63
04-02-2005, 08:12 PM
I would think if it was a safety switch it wouldn't start in the first place. Does the 25 Kohler have a low oil sensor? Could that be faulty or have a short. If it was the tranny, brake, or blade sensor I'm fairly certain it wouldn't start. Disconnect the safty wirung and see if it still cuts out on you. If it does, it's an engine problem. If it runs fine then disconnect (or close) one safety switch at a time till you find the problem.

scraper69
04-03-2005, 08:20 AM
Sounds like bad fuel to me ... drain and replace fuel filter with 50micron