PDA

View Full Version : Soggy Ground

Husky03
04-02-2005, 10:31 PM
I have this one property that is always soggy. It is in a subdivision and it is worse than surrounding properties. I would say that on 1/3 of the lawn you can hear squishing when you step. I have to use my push mower because my Z would leave ruts. I planted some trees today and I found the ground to be extremely hard clay and rock mixture. When I put water it the hole it would not even sink in the ground. What can I recomend the customer have done?

Thanks...

Coffeecraver
04-03-2005, 07:14 AM
MOVE !

Install drainage at downspouts and look at http://lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=35164&stc=1

Provide drainage for the trees.

:)

Husky03
04-03-2005, 01:50 PM
In the picture that yard goes down into a ditch. This yard is not like that. It is just soggy in random areas. I have thought maybe her irrigation system leaks in certain areas. Where would I run the downspouts to?

Thanks...

Coffeecraver
04-03-2005, 08:26 PM
Sounds like the soil is blue and murkey and will not drain even with a proper grade or french drain.

The only things to do in that case ars to compleatly replace the soil or spot french drains.

Spot french drains would be placed where the water puddles.
Dig a trench through the affected spot down about 2' deep and 6-8 inches wide and 4-5' long ,fill it with gravel. That should remove the water from the surface and put it underground where it can take it's time to disperse.

:)

Husky03
04-03-2005, 10:33 PM
Thanks for the advice. I will try mentioning this to the lady. The problem would be that most of her front yard would be gravel. This job would be to big for me at this time so she would have to have someone else do this for her.