PDA

View Full Version : Activator II Brake Controler Problem

HydroRI
04-02-2005, 10:50 PM
I have a hydroseeding unit on a dual axle trailer with brakes on all 4 wheels.
The trailer is new and I it trailer for about 3 months with the output setting on the controller at about 3-4 with sufficient braking power. Then one day I hooked up and I had to boost the output setting all the way up to 8 to feel the brakes even working. I can't see why such a big jump over night.

This year before I started using trailer again I adjusted all the brakes until I heard slight brake pad rubbing against the drums. When I hooked trailer back up I tried the brakes again and it did not make a difference in the output setting, I still need to keep it at 8 to feel brakes and all the way up to 10 to lock them up.

I can't figure out why all of a sudden the output needs to be so high, I have it installed in a 2004 Toyota Tundra. The trailer place hooked it up under the dash with the harness that was supplied in the glove box when I bought the truck.

Any suggestions????

Thanks...Kevin

HydroRI
04-02-2005, 11:12 PM
I was trying to say the trailer is new and I had been using it for only about 3 months.

Also when the controller output is set to about 9 or 10 I can hear the brakes humming.