PDA

View Full Version : ferti-lome weed-out

kcowell
04-03-2005, 01:30 AM
What are your experiences with this stuff for personal use? I wanted to use it this year because it was recommended to me. I sprayed my back yard with it and it doesn't look as if anything has happened. It's been about 8 days and I went over it again today. Someone mentioned to me that two applications 10 days apart will get pretty much any and every weed out of your yard and will leave your grass (bermuda in this case) unharmed. Am I just not being patient enough? Should I give it more time? I like stuff that works in less time. If you were to get a product to mix in just a pump sprayer so you could go over your lawn just one time, what would it be? It's bermuda with your typical chickweed, barnyard grass, etc.

C'mon, you have one shot, what will it be?

Sir Sel
04-03-2005, 01:03 PM
to the top for ya. Good question. My neighbor has a little grass with his weeds and I need to spot kill the weeds and would like something I can dilute and knock them down.

thanks

kcowell
04-06-2005, 10:47 AM
Nobody has used Weed-Out?

JoeinJasper
04-06-2005, 12:08 PM
While I've not familiar with Weed-Out, it sounds as if might be a 2,4-D product. If it is it will take 10 - 14 days before the effects are noticable.The conditions under wich it is applied can affect its effectiveness... what where the temp when you applied, did it rain soon after application, were the weeds activly growing? Many things will affect how well any herbicide works.

LonniesLawns
04-06-2005, 12:11 PM
Weed-out is not a professional profuct -- so most here will not have used it.

However, looking at the label for you -- it is essentially a simple three-way ona granualr carrier. The problem is that the herbicide has to be translocated to the entire plant through the leaf. So only the granules that stick to the leaf, melt down, and then the Active ingredient penetrates the leaf outer membrane --- all before it can be effective. All the herbicide that falls on the ground is jus tpollution.

Whereas, using a liquid three way you skip all of those steps and are able to apply it ina form that is soluable and faster acting.

A liquid three way can take two weeks easily -- i don't know about a granualr. If you want faster resuklts you will need to hire a professional. They will likely use a tank-mix that includes an ester formualtiona nd carfentrazone.

I see from other posts you've you are working on your license. Good job. However, you'll still need to learn a lot before you are ready to apply these chemicals.

If you want more specific advice, please list the exact weed youa re trying to kill. The air and soil temperature of the property you are treatign and the treatment history of the lawn for the last 12 months. ALl of these would go into a decesion I made daily with properties I treat.

kcowell
04-06-2005, 06:46 PM
[QUOTE=LonniesLawns]
I see from other posts you've you are working on your license. Good job. However, you'll still need to learn a lot before you are ready to apply these chemicals.

Yes and thank you, this product seems to be working now after the second application, so it has taken about two weeks. I like to "experiment", if you will, with the back yard and use different procucts from time to time to see their effectiveness and this was a new product recommended to me. The conditions were favorable and patience with it is apparantly paying off. Thank you for your posts.