PDA

View Full Version : i need software

Residential Recreation
04-03-2005, 11:53 PM
i am thinking about purchasing software i need it to have a deck tool with it and to also be able to make curves not many little angles anybody can you help me. :cool2:

Residential Recreation
04-03-2005, 11:56 PM
i should also let you know that i am a tightwad and dont want to spend thousands for this im thinkin more like 100

WhohasHelios?
04-04-2005, 10:53 AM
lol...A hundred buxxx wont go very far in this area... :p

I would suggest Punch Pro Landscape, it sounds like it will do everything you need it to do.

Other than that, I think you pretty much have to step into some more expensive programs.

-Reuben

Residential Recreation
04-05-2005, 01:11 PM
punch sucks you cant create smooth curve and if you do they dont show up on their walkthrough they put railings on everything.

jd boy
04-05-2005, 02:03 PM
save that $100 and put 7 more with it to buy dynascape. it blows everything away.

If you're serious about design, it is a professional tool.

neversatisfiedj
04-05-2005, 03:20 PM
Does Dynascape do walls and patios too ?

Drafto
04-09-2005, 11:28 PM
I bit the bullet yesterday and purchased Pro Landscape from Drafix, $1200.00. Since it was so expensive I had it overnighted with Saturday delivery, $45.00 extra, but what the heck I needed for a bid I was doing this weekend. I had been using Punch Master Landscape Pro ($79.00), needless to say it is in the trash now. It took me 10 minutes to edit the picture I needed to in Pro, it would have taken me 10 hours in Punch. Drafix does offer financing and the salesman didn't really seems all that salesy to me. When you have a good product like they do it sells itself. I will post an update when I use it more, but after fooling around for a fews hours today I don't think I will be returning it. Just my 2 cents.

Dan

WhohasHelios?
04-09-2005, 11:45 PM
Financing from Drafix hey...That makes it worth a second look for this season. I got the demo package and was pretty impressed. I have used DynaScape but its a little more than i need at this point in the game.

How about exporting your finished designs to standard image formats?

-Reuben

ZX12R
04-10-2005, 12:17 AM
"Drafix does offer financing and the salesman didn't really seems all that salesy to me"

I didn't know they offered financing.What are the payment details to finance it?

Drafto,I had Punch too and I hated it.Is Pro Landscape that much easier to learn? Details please.

Drafto
04-10-2005, 12:29 AM
((((((((Financing from Drafix hey...That makes it worth a second look for this season. I got the demo package and was pretty impressed. I have used DynaScape but its a little more than i need at this point in the game.

How about exporting your finished designs to standard image formats?

-Reuben

"Drafix does offer financing and the salesman didn't really seems all that salesy to me"

I didn't know they offered financing.What are the payment details to finance it?

Drafto,I had Punch too and I hated it.Is Pro Landscape that much easier to learn? Details please.))))))))))

Reuben - Yes you can output images to standard formats, I just was playing and found this out.

I did not finance the product so I do not know all of the details, but it is 3rd party financing and I believe the term choices were for one or two years. The product was normally $1295, but they offer a sale price of $1195. SO far I am impressed. I attached the jpeg I just created, no lie, no exaggerations, 10 minutes to do this. Please no one make fun of the design, I do mostly hardscaping but I have some customers that ask me to do stuff like this. Whatever you are all good guys, I will put my flame suit on. Punch sucks.

Dan

ZX12R
04-10-2005, 12:40 AM
Looks good from here.Is that a house from your digital camera?

I assume the sod is real or did you put it there with the software?

Is it easy to curve the beds and can u make walkways curved also?

Drafto
04-10-2005, 12:43 AM
The sod is real and you can make curves with beds, pavers, concrete walks. I did not use the curve feature in the picture posted, I found it after when I was playing.

Drafto
04-10-2005, 12:44 AM
And yes the house is form my camera.

WhohasHelios?
04-10-2005, 12:48 AM
Ten minutes hey..I like it!

I also really appreciated Drafix's approach to new plants not included in their encyclopedia. They claim that if you send them a request, they will make that plant available for update.

So in theory, we can get this software and pay it off over two years( or one is reasonable as well)...wow....i am definately calling them on Monday!!

Thanks for the info, show us more pics when as you do them!

-Reuben

Drafto
04-10-2005, 12:54 AM
The salesman I spoke with was David, he seemed like a good guy. He took care of me in less then 5 minutes and the product arrived on Saturday as promised. If I get this job it will pay for itself. I am planning on doing a lot of direct mail advertising, what better way to get someone attention then sending them a picture of their house with new pavers and plantings out front! It would have been impossible for me to attempt this with the Punch!

Dan

kootoomootoo
04-10-2005, 01:39 AM
I use Smart Draw. Cost me $100. Have sold plenty of jobs with it. Havent seen a three dimensional job proposal that looks good yet.

cgland
04-16-2005, 11:25 AM
Here is one I played around with. We have Design Imaging Group"s Designware. I love it.

Chris

bigviclbi
04-16-2005, 07:26 PM
Are those pavers real or imposed?????/

cgland
04-17-2005, 11:37 AM
The pavers are real. It was a hardscape we did and then we supplied the customer with a digital design.

Chris

mole
04-23-2005, 01:06 PM
i was just on dynascapes web site and they said there price was 2500. where did you get it for 700. as per prev. post.

MPH
04-24-2005, 05:59 PM
does Pro Landscape work with QuickBooks? I didn't see any reference to it on their website. I looked at their demo last year, but was frustrated because you couldn't actually try to do anything with it. It was more of a tutorial, not a trial version. The dynascape looks good (on their website), but it's awfully pricey.
Megan

Drafto
02-07-2006, 05:29 PM
I have version 11 for sale if anyone is interested.

Dan

kootoomootoo
02-07-2006, 07:10 PM
This is $100 smart draw. All I have ever used.

Kohls Landscaping Co
02-07-2006, 11:45 PM
kootoomootoo,

I'm curious what version of smartdraw that is. That doesn't look bad at all for a $100 program.

Thanks!
Dave

Mike33
02-11-2006, 07:39 PM
I just purchased the newest version vol. 12 from prolandscape for $995.00 Plus shipping.

zedosix
02-11-2006, 07:56 PM
Been using Dynascape since 2000. It was expensive if you include the schooling that goes with it, somewhere around 4 grand. It has been my biggest selling tool other than word of mouth and gives me the edge when there are 3 or 4 co.'s bidding on a job. I do all my calculations of sq. footage, linear footage etc right on the computer screen. Fantastic product

PlantSolutions
02-20-2006, 05:52 PM
I just purchased the newest version vol. 12 from prolandscape for $995.00 Plus shipping.

Where did you get it for $995??? I'm trying to decide between ProScape, DynaScape and Vectorwork's LandMark.

skipw9
02-20-2006, 06:50 PM
you might try software by better homes and gardens home design. its inexpensive and can do what you want it to do in design.

cgland
02-20-2006, 09:24 PM
you might try software by better homes and gardens home design. its inexpensive and can do what you want it to do in design.

RRRIIIGGGHHHHTTTT!:hammerhead:

Chris

kootoomootoo
02-20-2006, 11:20 PM
kootoomootoo,

I'm curious what version of smartdraw that is. That doesn't look bad at all for a $100 program.

Thanks!
Dave

Version 6...... they have all kinds of free updates over the years...... i just never bothered uploading them.