PDA

View Full Version : Can you ask for more after bid?

cochino12
04-04-2005, 07:23 PM
Here is the situation, I bid a job for a customer which came out to 8 yards. Well when the company that delivered the mulch, the customer signed for it and turns out they delivered 10 yards. Well I got to the job that afternoon and finished in about 2 hours. (Yes I had some left over so I just spread it in the front yard). I left the job and my customer gave me the invoice for the driver left him and it was for 10 yards.

I called the company I got the mulch from and they wont credit me for the extra 2 yards(cant say I really blame them) because I already spread it. My customer is a really good guy and price is not really a concern to him AT ALL. Would it be bad from to mention they delivered 10 yards? and see if he would mind paying for an extra 2 yards? which he did get and get installed.

I think I am just going to eat the two yards and make sure I'm around for all deliveries. Lesson learned

bigviclbi
04-04-2005, 08:29 PM
If I ordered 8 yards I sure as hell would only pay for 8. Crap like that ticks me off, if you buy alot from them tell them to stick it. I would also eat the cost and charge him more for something down the line.

AEW
04-04-2005, 08:33 PM
I would definately raise cain about that to the company that delivered the mulch. thats screwed up. Their mistake and their problem.

cochino12
04-04-2005, 09:12 PM
Ok got off the phone with a manager and he apologized for the mixup and told me that they should have given me credit the first time I called. Guess that worked out all right :cool: other than the fact I installed two extra yards of mulch for free :rolleyes:

mbella
04-04-2005, 10:41 PM
Glad it worked out. If that's the worst thing that happened to you today, be thankful.