PDA

View Full Version : Client wants to know if I can do complete landscaping job for $100!

QualityLawnCare4u
04-04-2005, 08:10 PM
I just got a phone call from a man asking me about landscaping his new house. Told me he wanted 1x4 border,red mulch, box woods and some holleys planted. I told him I will have to see and figure it first. He then said "can you do it for around 100 bucks? if you cant will do it myself" I asked him was he serious? He said it cant cost more than that, he was still talking when I slammed the phone down! :angry: Where are these $#$%% idiots coming from? I am still PO about the job Im working on now that Im going to do good to break even on. Thats it, Im sticking with mowing and light shrubbery only! As I have said many times the threshold of pain in my area is around 40 bucks, I dont care how little or big the job is. I would have normally handled it more professionally but after working on that other nitemare job and I was standing in the shower thinking about what a screw up it was, well, he caught me wrong. He was a Toyota salesmanger too so he should know better.

dvmcmrhp52
04-04-2005, 08:27 PM
$100 Huh?

I may not have slammed the phone down but he certainly would have heard me laughing as the phone went "click".

He's a car salesman, what can one expect? :D

(Can't wait to here from the car salesmen on the site....)

AEW
04-04-2005, 08:30 PM
thats exactly why i dont like doing landscaping. too many people yet too few jobs...at least thats how ive always seen it. everyone wants you to do it for cost

South Florida Lawns
04-04-2005, 08:38 PM
I stick to the rich folks for the big landscaping jobs and just mow and plant light shrubs for the rest. Also where I live its so dang hot to do that type of work and barely break even, its not worth it.

2003 silverado on 20's
6x12 enclosed
32" snapper midsize walkbehind
21" snapper walkbehind
all stihl trimmers edgers blowers
looking at a toro z100 rider

QualityLawnCare4u
04-04-2005, 08:38 PM
thats exactly why i dont like doing landscaping. too many people yet too few jobs...at least thats how ive always seen it. everyone wants you to do it for cost

Exactly. AEW. The job Im doing today the lady has hounded me to tell her how much my material cost that I unloaded at her house. She is expecting me to do it for cost to I guess. I kindly reminded her that I was not going to rob her. I cant count the times Ive gone and figured a job and the customer goes and gets material theirself and does it. I got smarter over the years and dont tell them what it takes now. Like I said though, this is my last landscaping job, will stick to basic lawn care.

QualityLawnCare4u
04-04-2005, 08:42 PM
I stick to the rich folks for the big landscaping jobs and just mow and plant light shrubs for the rest. Also where I live its so dang hot to do that type of work and barely break even, its not worth it.

2003 silverado on 20's
6x12 enclosed
21" snapper walkbehind
all stihl trimmers edgers blowers
looking at a toro z100 rider

The rich folks in my area are the cheapest! I have more trouble with them than the average working person. And it is not something I enjoy doing on a 100 degree day either. It got warm enough today for me to work up a good sweat, how are things in Tampa?

Puller504
04-04-2005, 08:59 PM
Here in Ohio the people who have money, have money because they don't give it to people like me! The more they can afford, the cheaper they are. I tell them there are no luggage racks on a hearse! payup

South Florida Lawns
04-04-2005, 09:11 PM
The grass down here is gets long real fast and its thick. It also rains almost every day for an hour at most in the summer so some times you will get in a bind.

2003 Silverado on 20's
6x12 enclosed
21" snapper walkbehind
looking at a toro z100 ztr
all stihl equipment :drinkup:

spoolinaround
04-04-2005, 09:23 PM
Here in Ohio the people who have money, have money because they don't give it to people like me! The more they can afford, the cheaper they are. I tell them there are no luggage racks on a hearse! payup
I gotta remember that

coastallandscapesolutions
04-04-2005, 09:35 PM
Sure.... about $100 per hour.

coastallandscapesolutions
04-04-2005, 09:36 PM
I tell them there are no luggage racks on a hearse! payup

True....... they are on the inside.