PDA

View Full Version : Hello California LCO's

rsls
04-05-2005, 01:53 AM
Never see any one on this site from Cali, I must be in the wrong forum!!!

ksdonnelly
04-12-2005, 06:50 PM
I am from Sacramento! Not many of us from cali on this site!

rsls
04-12-2005, 08:43 PM
Yeah your not kidding there I have been getting disappointed because all the info on pricing and bidding is from back east. Glad to hear from you. I would like some info on how your bidding your residential yards.

Triple R
04-27-2005, 09:13 PM
By looking at this site you might think Cali is not internet savy

rsls
04-27-2005, 09:42 PM
where you from green frog?

Triple R
04-27-2005, 10:12 PM
I am near Sequoia National Park, Visalia to be exact. This place is competative when it comes to gardeners. But when it comes down to knowledge about landscape management, I've got at least 90% of them beat.

rsls
04-28-2005, 12:34 AM
Up near Modesto is where I am at.

rsls
04-28-2005, 03:44 AM
hey ksdonnelly... how are you able to give set prices for your mow and edge and fert. does it stay the same for corner lots and older homes with large yards?

desert rose gardening
05-02-2005, 09:44 PM
I guess theres three from California on this site now. I know what you mean about most people on this site are from the east, I started a thread on the new suggestion fourm on getting regional section on this site. We don't have a lot in common with east LCO's.

sheshovel
05-02-2005, 10:18 PM
I am near Sequoia National Park, Visalia to be exact. This place is competative when it comes to gardeners. But when it comes down to knowledge about landscape management, I've got at least 90% of them beat.
Make that four!
We are close neighbors Greenfrog,I am 20min from gates of Yosemite..We do have things in common,just not plants.

rsls
05-03-2005, 01:52 AM
or mowers, or prices, or lot sizes, or employment issues.......

sheshovel
05-03-2005, 02:09 AM
I'm a Landscaper so alot of those issues don't matter to me.

ksdonnelly
05-06-2005, 09:54 PM
I have about ten yards and three of them are corner lots. My price includes mow, edge, and trim. I charge a little bit more the the corner lots.

UNISCAPER
07-19-2005, 12:23 AM
I'm from Encinitas. We used to do maintenance but there are way too many illegal alien whack and hacks charging $10.00 an hour for me to work in that venue. So, we are a design-build landscape construction company with hopes after all the boarders are sealed of starting a maintenance division.

CleanCutLawns
07-20-2005, 06:27 AM
I'm from Moreno Valley, Ca and I know what you are saying about the scrubs doing cuts for $10 but I have picked up a couple of customers that were not satisfied with the care of their yards from their current LCO's.
Offer a total lawn care program, take pride, be reliable and the price will not seem so steep to them. If it is then I tell them thanks anyways for the opportunity to bid. They will probably hire a lowballer with no ins. and unlicensed that may or may not do a quality job, but they will always remember you if you make a good, professional, courteous impression.
My minimum per cut is $30

CAL-LANDSCAPER
07-20-2005, 11:19 AM
I mainly use this site as a morning paper for interests and entertainment.
The subjects of discussion can be very informative.
Usually too busy to sit in front of the computer being 'chatty'.
Always good to hear how the other side is doing (other side of the country)
For those Not from California -
We mow 12 months each year. Not 28 to 32 weeks.
We install landscapes year round.
And your NOT a LANDSCAPER if you only do Maintenance.

But you can call it what you want, as long as your doing excellent work !

EvandSeby
08-10-2005, 09:54 PM
Interesting thought about , "landscaper" and maintenance only businesses. Seems that everyone says landscaper for anything involving instalation to fertilization to maintenance. Although not from California any more and live in AZ, I am still interested in the going ons there. I ran a maintenance only buisness in Sacramento for about 4 years in the early 90's, and had a hard time making a profit. Cheap people, welfare recipients, illegals, my own inexperience running a business, all contributed to my demise there. Now fast forward to today in the Phoenix area. A much more profitable business in a booming area. Still an illegal on every corner but a lot of experience and can pick and choose my customers a lot better.

UNISCAPER
08-10-2005, 11:36 PM
My philosophy is that if they can afford BMW's, boob jobs, and milion dollar houses, they will pay what I ask. The more I take that attitude, the more money we make.

gusbuster
08-11-2005, 03:36 AM
My philosophy is that if they can afford BMW's, boob jobs, and milion dollar houses, they will pay what I ask. The more I take that attitude, the more money we make.
Hey Bill, John from Chuck Sinclairs site.

I always did like your philosophies since I follow the same practice. If they can afford that overpriced car,house ect... then they can afford my fair, but not the cheapest price.

John

UNISCAPER
08-11-2005, 10:44 PM
Hey John! how goers it? Here from Chuck lately? Have you tried GTX forum? The best on the web bar none. No idiocy, no snipping, just very professional talk about the trade with awesome input. You don't get myriads of questions beating the topic to death and you don't get alot of brand sensitive idots touting their trucks...

If you are not there, it is www.groundtradesxchange.com

Tell Jeff I sent ya man! Good seeing you again!

gophergetter
09-15-2005, 01:52 AM
Alpine Yard Care just dropping in from Truckee California. Almost time for the white stuff to start falling from the sky. Thank God, what a crazy summer.