PDA

View Full Version : Dodge Truck lights

greenwithenvylandscape
04-05-2005, 04:16 PM
99 Dodge 1500. The turn signale, flashers and brake lights all stopped worhing at the same time. I wasn't pulling a trailer at the time. Any ideas what could be wrong?
Thanks for the help

Smalltimer1
04-05-2005, 06:20 PM
Check the corresponding fuse for those. I believe they are on the same circuit. If its not a fuse then check the light relays. I think its just a fuse.

Upon replacement, if it keeps blowing fuses then you should start looking for shorts.

greenwithenvylandscape
04-05-2005, 06:53 PM
I checked the fuses and replaced one that had nothing to do with lights and still not working.

Randy J
04-05-2005, 08:41 PM
Always start with the simplest solution first, and that would be the fuse. Since you already checked the fuse, with no success, I'd look at your trailer wiring connection. Looking for a common connection here, and you mentioned a trailer so I'm assuming you have trailer wiring, maybe some poor connections came loose. Do your front lights work? If so, it's a stretch, but you might replace the rear bulbs.

greenwithenvylandscape
04-05-2005, 08:58 PM
front headlights work and tail lights work

Randy J
04-05-2005, 09:30 PM
Brake, turn & hazard are all the same element of the bulbs, tail lights are a different element. If the element is out, your turn signals (in front and on the dash) should either stay on, or blink rapidly - I think it's stay on when the rear bulbs are out. If this is the case, replace both bulbs. Do your front turn signals work at all? If they work normally, I'd go back to the trailer wire connections.

ECS
04-05-2005, 10:10 PM
Did you check both fuse boxes? On my 2000 Dodge, there is one on the side of the dash by the driver's door and another one under the hood in a box behind the battery.

Frosty_03
04-05-2005, 11:23 PM
Check under the hood and you should find your problem!!!! :cool2:

greenwithenvylandscape
04-06-2005, 10:40 AM
Did you check both fuse boxes? On my 2000 Dodge, there is one on the side of the dash by the driver's door and another one under the hood in a box behind the battery.
ECS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are awsome!!! The fuse under the hood for the brake is blown all the hell!!!!!!!!! THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ECS
04-06-2005, 11:57 AM
You are most welcome. I went nuts looking for it a few years ago and the dealer (70 miles away) told me about it.