PDA

View Full Version : Pavers on Cement

Patriots
04-05-2005, 04:38 PM
Have a customer that requested her cement patio be covered with pavestones - anyone ever put them down on cement? If so, what process did you use.

Thanks.

Residential Recreation
04-06-2005, 01:38 AM
i use a jackhammer and remove the slab. ever do tile work. depending on what area you are in try to talk her into that

Mowman29
04-06-2005, 03:45 AM
Have a customer that requested her cement patio be covered with pavestones - anyone ever put them down on cement? If so, what process did you use.

Thanks.

I seen them do it on DIY TV a couple of weeks ago go to their site it may be on there.

neversatisfiedj
04-06-2005, 09:03 AM
If the slab is in tact - just put your edging down and 1" sand and install like normal.

Patriots
04-06-2005, 09:36 AM
would have never thought to put the sand on the slab - good tip.

Markf
04-06-2005, 10:21 AM
I am in no way an expert on pavers, however, wouldn't the winter possibly heave the slab during the winter and cause havoc with the pavers requiring you to readjust them every spring? I like the idea of removing the slab and placing down the proper sub-base. Also, try the ICPI website at http://www.icpi.org for information.
Mark

pjslawncare/landscap
04-06-2005, 11:51 AM

Thanks.

You can cement them with pure portlan on concrete after a good wash with a muriatic acid mix. Hw high will it be though? If u use the 1/2" thin brick and add 1/4" for the morter it may be pritty high

mrusk
04-07-2005, 05:57 PM
I've done pavers on top of porch slabs all the time. As long as the slab is in good shape do not even bother using sand. We glue our boarder pavers down with landscape glue.

Matt

cgland
04-07-2005, 11:32 PM
I do the same thing as Matt. We glue the borders to the slab, lay our field and sweep with polymeric sand. We use the polymeric because when you mist the sand per installation instructions, it hardens and eliminates the wobbling you get from the uneven surface.

Chris

zedosix
04-08-2005, 01:29 AM
We have been bonding brick to concrete for years, someone here mentioned about a border stone then laying an inch or so of sand. This is ideal especially when your top porch isn't perfectly level. Its kind of hard to see but this is what we did here for the top three steps.