PDA

View Full Version : Redmax 8000 awesome blower

stevesmowing
04-05-2005, 09:30 PM
I was doing a clean-up job today and first started by hand with a rake and it was taking a long time. I thought there was no way my blower could handle it. Well after getting tired of raking I got out the 8000 and fired it up and it was moving leaves and sticks awesome. I just got the blower this spring. I also have a shindaiwa eb630 that I used all of last year. The 8000 is a big blower in size. The weight isn't too bad but the power is awesome.

jim dailey
04-05-2005, 09:40 PM
I was doing a clean-up job today and first started by hand with a rake and it was taking a long time. I thought there was no way my blower could handle it. Well after getting tired of raking I got out the 8000 and fired it up and it was moving leaves and sticks awesome. I just got the blower this spring. I also have a shindaiwa eb630 that I used all of last year. The 8000 is a big blower in size. The weight isn't too bad but the power is awesome.

OK, boys and girls...we have another happy customer. We have 2, and couldn't be happier.

Toy2
04-05-2005, 11:12 PM
What's the cost? :)

centralarlawn
04-05-2005, 11:30 PM
What's the cost? :)

Travis at Landscape supply quoted me $475 after tax and shipping. Im not sure, but I think thats about the best price you will find. Its better than anything around here anyway. :blob4:

Premo Services
04-05-2005, 11:34 PM
I have the eb7000 and the eb7001, both fantastic blowers, actually awesome blowers.
I bid an aeration, but before the work could be done I told the old goat that the lawn area needed to be cleaned of sticks, gumballs and acorns. He told me that he would pay 2 hours labor to do it, I was thinking 1 hour would be suficient. I agreed that we would get 2 hours labor for cleaning up the mess. I had it dont in 25 minutes with the 7001 and I mst say he was impressed at how soon the cleanup job was done in. He still paid me the 2 hours labor plus all the other stuff I did for him. payup :D :cool2: payup
No 8000 for me yet, but I am very satisified with my redmax blowers. I will most likely get an 8000 before the fall cleanups this year. :cool2:

Olylawnboy
04-06-2005, 12:07 AM
A.Martinez do a search if you havn't seen the thread about the lack of warranty support if you buy a redmax online or mailorder. I got mine from my local dealer for around $475. and now I have to deal with the choke lever issue. And I'm glad it will be covered. Not so I think with buying online. Then there is another issue of them shocking you, though I have not had that problem yet but seems many have....Oly

bigviclbi
04-06-2005, 12:10 AM
After reading about this damn blower I'm gonna pony up for one. But should I wait due to these problems or are they being fixed before they're sold?

lawncare3
04-06-2005, 02:33 AM
I got one last fall after using a stihl br420 for some time. The thing kicks some ass. I got my from the dealer for $494 out the door. Amazing what it can do. :)

65hoss
04-06-2005, 08:33 AM
Ok, I own 7000, 7001 and 8000. All of them do the same things that some are complaining about. They are all rare. Very rare. All the brands will give you a shock in the right conditions. Usually if you are kicking up major dust in dry conditions and you touch the switch you get a little shock. Static electricity in dusty dry conditions will do that. Its not like you going to the hospital after getting hit. Most of the time its so small you hardly notice it. It happens maybe 3 times all year. I run my blowers pretty much year round.
The running erratically will happen on all of the occassionally. Again, its rare. For me, its usually when one has set up without running for a week or so. I generally shut it down and next time it cranks its ready to go. Each blower will do it maybe 1-2 times per season. NEVER when its being run each day.
Should you buy now or wait? NOW. Redmax is the best of the best. Great product, and the problems people see are rare and generally "not really problems". Kinda of like a rare quirk. Heck, even my old Stihl backpack does all the same things. If you do a search, you will see people with echo's and others talking about some of these same things.

KathysLGC
04-06-2005, 03:16 PM
I've been using the SHin EB630 since I started and just picked up a Red Max 7001 used. It really is a good blower. Has more power then the Shin ever did. I am very impressed. I couldn't imagine what the 8000 would be like. One thing I hate about the Red Max is the control arm. I loce the flexable are on the Shin.

richmadmax
04-06-2005, 03:22 PM
question if going to buy one soon. I heard somthing about a redmax 8001. any truth to that.

ed2hess
04-06-2005, 07:15 PM
If you really have a need for a blower, in the size of the 8000 buy a 13hp Billy Goat blower. We use them for cleaning parking lot and I can tell you it is powerful! None of the backpacks will come close to this baby!!!

lawnrangeralaska
04-06-2005, 08:27 PM
f that ... the redmax 8000 is a beast man. i rather have a backpack blower over some stupid thing that you push. the blowers are sweeter to use anyways.. and i like showing mine off :waving: ,, especially when other lco's drive by... they are like damn redmax 8000 :blob3:

AlbeLawn
04-06-2005, 08:35 PM
bit my toung last december when the stihl 400 bit the dust. will never buy anything else. i love the fact i can stand in the corner of a driveway and blow off the whole thing without even moving. just be ready for the $ tag payup.