with a side discharge bagger
250 hours on the unit.
for $4,000.
Is this a decent deal? payup

Thanks,
Dave :waving:

Runner
04-06-2005, 12:39 AM
It's not bad. Is this a homeowner machine? The reason I ask is the incredibly low hours for the year of the machine. If it is, it has probably been pampered. I can tell you this...this machine is basically brand new. The motor is hardly even broken in at 250 hours. You have ALOT of hours of good use coming on that machine. These machines were great machines. About the only hangup they had, was the old style casters for the deck. YOu will want to make some changes, there. What was commonly happening, was the front deck casters (because of their style) were losing their pins, and would fall off and go under the deck. Well, needless to say, this would make an UGLY noise, mess up blades, and even more so, create an incredible liability (flying hardware produces an everpresent hazard). Gravely later changed this style over, but as I say, if you purchase this mower, this is something you'll want to do yourself...no biggy. Good luck with it, and it sounds like one sweet machine.

SWD
04-06-2005, 06:39 AM
$4000 for a six year old gravely seems a bit high to me.
Mostly, all I run is Gravely/Ariens commercial equipment and I do a bit of buying an selling as well.
However, there are more important factors than the age to assist in determining prices, some questions to answer:
-do you have pictures of the unit
-does the mulching kit come with it
-is the liftmaster in place
-what blades come with it
-are there service records
-overall, what kind of shape is it in
-are the tires dry rotted
-is the suspension seat correct
-are all the safety switches intact
-how motivated is the seller

I'm inclined to think he is asking too much, I would be very hesitant to pay over $3,000 unless the machine was in absolutely excellent shape.

Richard Martin
04-06-2005, 08:19 AM
I agree, the price may be a little high. Last September I bought a 2003 XT-2800 Dixie Chopper, deluxe model, brutal fast, 28 Kohler EFI, the whole works for $4500. Oh yeah, it had 29 hours on it. Homeowner owned.

Watkinslawnservice
04-06-2005, 10:43 PM
Runner, yes it is a home owner machine. He is getting rid of it because he wanted a big snowblower so he bought a 4-wheel drive tractor with a blower and couldn't convince his wife that he needed both.

SWD, Yes I have pictures and it looks basically brand new.
I dont think there is a mulching plate.
I don't know about the rest of your questions but I am going to look at it this weekend and I will check all of these things out.

Thanks for the replies. Sure makes my life a lot easier.
Dave