PDA

View Full Version : Lazer HP delivery check list

rewill
04-06-2005, 12:28 PM
I am getting a lazer HP 19/48 delivered today :cool2: and thought i'd come to the pros for advice. Is there anything specific I should check over on the mower before signing off with the delivery driver?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Eric

brucec32
04-06-2005, 04:14 PM
From my experience, I would have to say that if it's not too late, go with the 20hp kohler engine instead on the hp. For whatever reason, I have had one 21hp kawi replaced at about 100 hours, and now the 23hp kawi replacement engine is doing the exact same thing (losing power and cutting out when hot) only about 30 hours later.

I don't mind a breakdown. But what kills me is that they could never fix it or give me an explanation of what happened. I am pretty sure I will waste the same amount of time (weeks!) with it in the shop as they attempt stab in the dark repairs trying to make it work. To add to the fun, I used it only sporadically the last year after a move to a different area to pursue other interests, and now the engine is technically out of the 2 year warranty, even though it has only about 30 hours on it.

It sucks having to buy another $7,000 mower because the one you already bought sits in a shop.

I am going to have to decide if I want to just eat the cost of a new Kohler engine for it, or waste time and money trying to get it to run. It is exactly the same symptoms, and they did maybe $800 worth of repairs on the first one (under warranty). What I do NOT want is a mower that still isn't right after dumping a month in the shop and hundreds of dollars on it.

I will also add that my 12hp kawi on another low hour mower also has a hard starting problem compared to my old kohler and briggs engines. It starts, but it is not confidence inspiring. The Briggs is a '98 and cranks 2nd pull when cold.

Let's just say my next engine purchase won't be a kawasaki. I can't afford it. Funny that their rep is so good. My experience has been the opposite.