PDA

View Full Version : New Blower?

yardman_05
04-06-2005, 03:29 PM
I am looking for a new blower for this grass season. My old Crafstman is on its last leg and I dont want to get stuck without one in the middle of the season. So could you guys please give me some suggestions on what is a good one but not too too expensive. :help:

Lawn Masters LC
04-07-2005, 10:47 PM
Spend the cash and buy Echo. 650 or 750, I have both. Great blowers. Don't drop the extension tubes like a lot of folks do. Keeping it closer to the ground really improves removal. Grass, leaves, parking lots, or whatever, it rocks.

Lawn Masters Lawncare, Inc.
500K a year biz and growing

grass_cuttin_fool
04-08-2005, 07:56 AM
A good economical blower is a stihl br340, retail is around $299.00, fair power, reliable blower, fuel efficient. I have one and I am very pleased with it. It may be somewhat underpowered for heavy leaf removal but fine for grass clippings

lawncare4u
04-08-2005, 08:05 AM
I am looking for a new blower for this grass season. My old Crafstman is on its last leg and I dont want to get stuck without one in the middle of the season. So could you guys please give me some suggestions on what is a good one but not too too expensive. :help:

Redmax.............of course you get what you pay for./cheaper ain't always better :blob2:

65hoss
04-08-2005, 09:04 AM
If you are not doing any real leaf jobs you can get just the Redmax 7001. It will allow you to do leaf work if you want to, and will smoke some grass during cutting season. It will speed you up over the craftsman so much, you will be able to add a yard or 2 over the week. What took you say 5 minutes before will be only 1-1.5 minutes now. Add that up over the course of a day and a week, you give yourself efficiency.

I'm all about efficiency, I don't like bottle necks and doing or walking things twice that kill time. A powerful blower will save you time and time is money.

thegrassboss
04-11-2005, 10:11 AM
I would defiently go for the Echo 750. It may be a big initial investment but the thing will pay itself off in the time you save. You will have a couple choices as to whether the controls are hip mounted or tube mounted. I personally prefer the hip mounted. You should be able to get one for around 500.

man of stihl
04-11-2005, 01:47 PM
nice name there yardman..... haha.. u have used my stihl's so u know about them. echo,redmax,stihl are all good brands