PDA

View Full Version : What would you do.....

jt5019
04-06-2005, 03:59 PM
Ok.. you have mowed the ladies lawn for about 1 1/2 years now pretty good customer, shes right next to another lawn you service.No real problems but sometimes complains and sometimes asks you to mow it every other week.she also has a drainage issue in the back yard.It can be unmowable for weeks at a time if its rainy.

Now the question

You send out renewal letters and she writes back. "I dont want the rider mowers on my lawn. If you can use a hand lawn mower-ok otherwise i will have to have someone else do it"-.. then her name no thank you or anything

Would you suck it up and use a smaller mower? its not a big lawn 20 mins with a 48 ztr or would you just its not possible and you are sorry.

fazzy815-66
04-06-2005, 04:02 PM
I wouldn't do it sounds like a pita. :cry:

o-so-n-so
04-06-2005, 04:10 PM
I would continue with a price increase only....because the circumstances have changed from the original agreement. Don't quit her......make her quit you and you might end up with her account anyway at a higher price. If she balks at the new agreement...then move on.

marko
04-06-2005, 04:15 PM
I would continue with a price increase only....because the circumstances have changed from the original agreement. Don't quit her......make her quit you and you might end up with her account anyway at a higher price. If she balks at the new agreement...then move on.

Good advice! Always make them quit you. Sounds like maybe a tractor was taken into the back in the past when it was too wet???? Ask her to use the tractor on the front and walkbehind in the back (if that will work)

lawnandplow42
04-06-2005, 04:27 PM

yup, thats what i would do
:)

Equipguy
04-06-2005, 04:57 PM
We're in the customer service business that happens to cut grass. Remember a happy customer tells 2 people an unhappy one tells 10. :dizzy:

Norm Al
04-06-2005, 05:12 PM
i would send her bobbys phone number!

jt5019
04-06-2005, 09:46 PM
Yes the tractor has gone in the back when it's wet (only a 48 scag ztr) but i make sure i avoid the usual wet area. Last year it was very rainy here and about 3/4 of her back yard was way to wet. Just walking on the grass water would cover your boots, so i dont even think a walk behind would be much better.I really dont have a problem using the walkbehind my main reason for using the ztr was it was easier to change the hight of the cut and last spring the grass was growing like crazy here.I just worry she still wont be happy she doesnt seem to realize i cant mow it when its that wet without leaving marks on the lawn.She has even asked if i could use my little 21 mower but thats out of the question for the same price.

bobbygedd
04-06-2005, 10:10 PM
i would take jodi's advice. you should have planned for unforseen circumstances when you originally estimated the job.

grassmanvt
04-06-2005, 10:51 PM
I'm suprised at all of you. No one stated the obvious solution. Sell her a drainage job!!! Than go back to using the z.

jt5019
04-06-2005, 11:07 PM
The job actually started as a favor her husband had just passed and her brother was out of state at the time.She saw me mowing next door and thats how it got started.. first it was just a couple mows then it went full time plus plowing in the winter.I tried to sell her a drainage job but she said some bs story about her property developer already worked on the issue once a while back.I plan to keep pushing the issue this summer if i do keep her.I did notice now that she is living alone she has become grumpier.Seems to try and get extra work for less money.