PDA

View Full Version : Pizza Hut Estimate

daveyo
04-06-2005, 08:15 PM
I am in southern N.J. and I am bidding on a pretty large Pizza Hut. The total lawn area is 13,021 sq', there also is a basin area that needs mowing, the total basin area is 4160 sq'. The basin area obviously has a slope that needs to be cut, however it is not that bad. I do have to mow, trim, edge and blow, but I am only going to edge twice a month, (approx 1500 feet of edging) also they want it cut every week. There is 2,638 sq' that has to be mulched, I figured approx. 8 yards (needs to be done twice a year). There are 83 bushes that have to be trimmed twice a year, and under my recommendations fertilized. One more thing, they have a center island that is approx. 25 x 50, inside the island are 5 -12' pines, 5 huge yuccas, four 4' arbor vitae, 10 large bush evergreens and perennials. I have to keep the total area free of weeds and looking "landscaped" no problem on this end. Season is from April 1st-November 1st. I did come up with a figure, however this is my first commercial of this size, the size is not a problem I just want to come in competitive. Whats your take? does anyone do these type jobs and what do you bid. Any advice on price would be greatly appreciated.

David O'Donnell
O'Donnell Landscape Design

LWNMWR1
04-06-2005, 08:26 PM
i have a pizza hut too... not nearly as much to do though!! so far they have been a great company to work with. sorry that isn't much help but... i would take the job

daveyo
04-06-2005, 08:32 PM
Actually, that is one of two stores they want me to take care of. Really three but the third is only going to be flowers and stuff because apparently the complex the store is in takes care of the lawn. I was wondering how big your store is and what you charge. Thanks,

David O'Donnell

DaLLa$
04-06-2005, 08:58 PM
I bid on all 6 pizza huts here in Wichita Fallls.....It was a waste of time...They were looking for a price range close to or under 1,000.00 a month for all of them togeather. LoL they actually found some sucker to do it. I have to say tho...They are getting what they pay for.

Patrick.B
04-06-2005, 09:08 PM
How long would it take you to do the job ?...would you be able to do all three stores in one day ?.....i'd really don't know what the going rate is in your home town ...here in my town is around $500 on up for all three stores..Hope Help you little,,,,,

daveyo
04-06-2005, 09:13 PM
Dalla,the thing is I know what the last landscaper was charging. The district manager and I hit it off really well. the two stores were being done for $800 a month. This doesn't't include any extras I will be doing i.e. tear outs, replacements, fertilizing more that twice, really anything that we don't sign off on. Also, he wants me to re-design the center island on the bigger store property (an extra of course). Before I give him a figure of my own I really just wanted another professional opinion on the bid.

David O'Donnell

daveyo
04-06-2005, 09:17 PM
Thanks, I appreciate the help.

David O'Donnell