PDA

View Full Version : Pita!!!!!!!!!!!!

lawnman_scott
04-06-2005, 08:49 PM
I did an estimate last week, and should have known better and walked away, but I have a customer on the street. Well we went to do the lawn today, and things didnt go well. When this happens, how do you tell them you cant do them anymore because they are a royal pita without being rude. I was told I am the rudest person she has ever met.

bobcatnj
04-06-2005, 08:54 PM
dont show up know more.its not worth your time dealing with all the b/s

lawnguyland
04-06-2005, 08:54 PM
Was this before or after you dumped her that she told you you were the rudest? If for future reference just give some BS about downsizing or you are also pursuing other interests and do no have the time, something like that. It's tough to ditch people on the same block though, don't want to risk losing the rest if they badmouth you. Just make up a good white lie!

packerbacker
04-06-2005, 09:02 PM
Dont burn bridges. You never know who is watching or listening. If you dont want to do it explain to them you dont have the time you thought you did. Be polite about it.

lawnman_scott
04-06-2005, 11:40 PM
She said I was rude after I told her i didnt like her following me around the whole time I did the lawn. Then she got rude with me, then I showed her what rude really is. I dont know what these people think, that we will sit there and take anything.

Mickhippy
04-07-2005, 10:18 AM
I let go a lawn a few mths back. This place was a real hassle to mow with over grown shrubs, weird cactus, roses etc. I really hated doing it.
I just told them I dont do small lawns anymore, thanks for being such good customers etc etc.
Before I drove off she gave me a hug and the old dear was almost in tears. I felt bad for about 5 mins then so glad I didnt have to mow that place again! :cool2:

Remsen1
04-07-2005, 11:41 AM
When they follow me around I stop whatever I am doing. Then I ask if they need to talk to me? Then when I continue I say, "well I better get back to work now." If they follow me again, I stop again and repeat. If it happens a third time a say "I'm not getting much done with you following me. It's too dangerous for you to be near me."

Usually they get the point, after the second stop, that I am not going to work with them following me around. It also annoys me if they observe from a distance, but there isn't much that I can do about that, except grin and bear it.

Equipguy
04-07-2005, 03:55 PM
Some people are just a PITA no matter what.

pjslawncare/landscap
04-07-2005, 04:11 PM
Like Remsen said, its too dangerous for a customer to be around while equipment is in operation. If they have something to say, shut machine off and see what it is they want, but if they are following u around to see if your work is up to par, SCREW THEM! they dont have confidence in u and I would quit them in a heartbeat. I dont let customers nit pick my work. Been doing it too long and Im the proffesional. They either like what I do or they can find someone else. Im my own quality control person

bobbygedd
04-07-2005, 04:39 PM
ha, she hasn't met me! i would tell her flat out, "i aint doing your crappy, weed infested lawn anymore, and i don't give a crap who you tell or what you say."

Mo Green
04-07-2005, 05:00 PM
ha, she hasn't met me! i would tell her flat out, "i aint doing your crappy, weed infested lawn anymore, and i don't give a crap who you tell or what you say."
Yeah, yeah, we know....Gedd the Mercilous.

spoolinaround
04-07-2005, 11:19 PM
talk aobut a load of bullshyt

lawnman_scott
04-07-2005, 11:40 PM
No i doubt you would have been that nice bobby. Not with her attitude.

lawnman_scott
04-07-2005, 11:42 PM
Before I drove off she gave me a hug and the old dear was almost in tears. Yeah same here, the old ________ was almost in tears.