PDA

View Full Version : Redmax vs. Stihl...

r8derman
04-06-2005, 10:05 PM
I am about to invest in a new stick edger and am currently using all Stihl products. But the Redmax looks like it is pretty reliable and there's a dealer right by my house. Can any of you guys tell me how you like the Redmax stuff and do you think it's worth the money? These edgers are considerably cheaper than the Stihl FS110. About a hundred dollars lower. I've heard good things about Redmax, but never used it. If I get the edger and like it, I might go for the 7001-Redmax blower to. Any thoughts???

Spirit Lanwcare
04-06-2005, 10:39 PM
Redmax all the way!

Better quality and 2 cycle instead of 4 mix.

No question!

Turf Dancer
04-07-2005, 03:42 AM
I have or have had 7 Stihl machines and the last 2 I have purchased are Red Max. I have a Red Max EB7001 and a 2600 Red Max Trimmer, both excellent machines, I would not buy anything Stihl except Saws and Brush cutters. I am buying all Red Max from now on!

gettingstartedtampa
04-07-2005, 06:20 AM
I have all new RedMax equipment. My dealer steered me away from the other line he carried. I think it was Echo. The EB7001 Back Pack reminds me of the Hurricanes we get down here in Florida. It has that much power. Amazing. I just getting started, but a seasoned LCO stopped me the other day with same questions you have. He tried the blower for a few minutes and said it beat his current Sthil hands down. It does seem thirsty for gas but It may be normal as I have nothing to really compare it to. There is a bigger one 8000 model I think. The wind speed is the same but the volume is greater and it seemed a little heaver. I have heard its a gas hog.

The stick edger is the HE-F G24LS it eats St Augstine like butter.

The BCZ2400 trimmer is a beast. You could mow entire lawns with it.

I also have the hedge trimmer 36" blade. It too is awesome. I really like the handle adjustment that lets you rotate the handle when needed.

The only negative I find in my months of research was apparently the other hedge trimmer, the one that has the pivoting blade elbow seems to have problems with the gear life or something. I went for the less moving parts model and a 12 foot ladder. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Tider6972
04-07-2005, 03:24 PM
Redmax is state of the art ! Also, light weight, easy to start, and the Strato Charged engines offer the best fuel economy of anything on the market. The two year commercial warranty is the best also, AFAIK.

No, I am not a dealer, just a user!

The rumors re the EBZ8000 blower being a gas hog are false! As 65 Hoss and anyone else who owns/operates both the 7001 and the 8000 can tell you, the 8000, even with it's larger displacement engine, will get better fuel economy. The 800 is the new technology Strato Charged engine, the 7000/7001 is not.

Go to www.redmax.com to see Redmax' fuel usage statistics; I have found them very accurate!

Tider6972
04-07-2005, 03:39 PM
The Redmax printed brochure has the newest fuel consumption charts.

Mowerboy04
04-07-2005, 04:18 PM
i just bought the redmax 7001 a couble of weeks ago and used it for the first time today i was impressed with the power i also bought their stick edger and was also impressed with the power it had.

kcowell
04-07-2005, 05:16 PM
How much are they running in your area compared to the Stihl straight shafts?

bobbygedd
04-07-2005, 06:22 PM
i have a stihl blower, and a redmax blower. tell you what, the sthil is for sale for 100 american dollars, no takers, i'll throw it in the river, CUS I HATE IT!

Jeff@SGLC.ca
04-07-2005, 06:25 PM
I had that same discussion with my Redmax dealer today as I brought in my 420 to get serviced and ordered 2 Redmax trimmers, 1 Redmax edger and a new Redmax blower. Just don't like the stihl blower.

r8derman
04-07-2005, 11:20 PM
Thanks guys...You've been a great help. Just as I thought. The Stihl stuff is good but for a 100 dollars cheaper I don't think I'll go wrong. Thanks again.

GREEN ACRES L&L
04-22-2005, 06:58 PM
Just got a new redmax 2600 today and WOW! She is the total package. I thought our shimdaiwa t230 could not be touched. They are great trrimmer for any job, but I love the extra power of the redmas 2600. Now it comes with a grease fitting already on the head, 2 year commercial warranty, solid shaft and runs smooth. For cheapper that echo!! Who would buy echo over any shin. or redmax, beats me! I will just say shindaiwa t230 or redmax 2400 or 2600 are sure fire great trimmers, will beat the stihls and echos any day.

wbkuhler
04-24-2005, 11:54 AM
I have all redmax trimmers, blowers, and edgers. Never have had any problems out of any of them. Highly recommend.