PDA

View Full Version : off & running

hunterslawn
04-07-2005, 12:18 AM
First yr in the business and the phones finally started ringing. Started w/0 and since April 1 now have 20 accounts so far- 9 commercial, 11 res, and working on a small association. Filled up my 1ton w/spring clean up debis today and mowed 1st time w/52" eXmark hp ztr and had a blast. I'm a solo and owe alot of what I think is a good start to the help I've gotten here, SO THANKS GUYS! :waving:

ChadA
04-07-2005, 01:36 AM
Sounds like your off to a good start. Good luck.

Mower For Less
04-07-2005, 11:40 AM
You picked up 20 accounts in 1 week??? Whats your secret? I thought I was doing good picking up 2-3 new accounts per week.

Kevin

MMLawn
04-07-2005, 12:02 PM
yes please do share how you did that. I find it really hard to believe that someone with no past experience could land 20 accts in only 6 days with 9 of them commercial....unless there is no other LCO's where you are or heavens forbid you are uncutting the going rates big time. If not again please do share more details on your success story with us as this is so unlikely in most places that I am sure even the other guys like me that have been doing this a long, long time would like to know how you did this.

packerbacker
04-07-2005, 12:11 PM
Sounds like you are doing good. Ive picked up 7 new accounts in the last month. Im aiming for about 10 more.

br549oicu8
04-07-2005, 12:21 PM
Hey packerbacker.....you are less than 30 miles from me!!!!!
Why not Chiefsbacker!!!!!!
hahahaha

packerbacker
04-07-2005, 12:39 PM
Hey packerbacker.....you are less than 30 miles from me!!!!!
Why not Chiefsbacker!!!!!!
hahahaha

LOL, I grew up in WI. But i do watch most of the KC games.

br549oicu8
04-07-2005, 12:51 PM
Just like opinions we are free to choose our teams. Good luck!!!!

packerbacker
04-07-2005, 12:54 PM
You to. hopefully the KC Ds overhaul will work out.

hunterslawn
04-07-2005, 08:16 PM
yes please do share how you did that. I find it really hard to believe that someone with no past experience could land 20 accts in only 6 days with 9 of them commercial....unless there is no other LCO's where you are or heavens forbid you are uncutting the going rates big time. If not again please do share more details on your success story with us as this is so unlikely in most places that I am sure even the other guys like me that have been doing this a long, long time would like to know how you did this.

The nine commercial accounts I bid a while back and just got the news on April 1st. I bid a total of 23 for one p.m company and several more for others I did not get. When I asked the p.m. co. were I came in on the bids they said 3 LCO's bid on the properties and It came down to 2 of us. The other LCO is one of the best in town and I thought it was a compliment. They said my presentation was very professional and prices were nearly the same, so maybe all those years as a manager for an auto dealer paid off. As far as the rest of the accounts my wife ownes a respectfull salon in town and we display flyers there. I sent out 10,000 inserts in our local paper for only $300.00 and walked out another 2000 myself this late winter - early spring. One thing is for sure I WILL NOT BE A LOWBALLER. I know several other LCO's and I'm staying right with the big boys. I bust my a!@ so I deserve it. 20 accounts in one week yes, but alot of work & Advertising to get there. Did 3 more bids today all from newspaper ad. Hope this helps.

RICHIE K
04-07-2005, 10:03 PM
GOOD LUCK TO YOU

RICHIE K

www.kulakandcompany.com :blob3: