PDA

View Full Version : raising deck

bobcatnj
04-07-2005, 06:53 AM
how do you raise the deck on a fixed deck bobcat 48 w/b. the mower is maybe 4 years old. its set know at 2.5 i wanna raise it to 2 3/4 or 3 inches

rodfather
04-07-2005, 06:56 AM
Either by changing the spacers on the blade spindles or on the front deck casters.

bobcatnj
04-07-2005, 06:59 AM
i changed the spacers on the spindles but then it makes a grinding noise on the cover for the deck.

rodfather
04-07-2005, 07:01 AM
When's the last time you greased the spindles?

bobcatnj
04-07-2005, 05:47 PM
all the time. they always have grease in them

Mo Green
04-07-2005, 06:21 PM
Normally raising or lowering a deck to a certain height involves the front spacers, the blade spacers, and the rear wheels. Most manufacturers have guidelines on how to properly raise or lower a deck to obtain the most desireable cut. If you do not alter your deck height in accordance with these criteria, you may not get a nice cut.
Check with your local Bobcat dealer in reference to height adjustment guidlines.

BSDeality
04-07-2005, 07:23 PM
how do you raise the deck on a fixed deck bobcat 48 w/b.

Buy a gravely :rolleyes: pull 4 pins and go!

LawnMower
04-07-2005, 11:53 PM
Normally raising or lowering a deck to a certain height involves the front spacers, the blade spacers, and the rear wheels. Most manufacturers have guidelines on how to properly raise or lower a deck to obtain the most desireable cut. If you do not alter your deck height in accordance with these criteria, you may not get a nice cut.
Check with your local Bobcat dealer in reference to height adjustment guidlines.

I have Bob Cats and Mo Green is right. If your at 2 and half then your probably in the middle of the adjustments. I would now just play around with the shims on the front castor's. I usually run 3 halve inch shims under the front castor's. I also run the blades all the way up with the shims below the blade.

I believe the factory setting for 2 and halve inches is one big shim ( half inch) and a small one on each front caster. Then have the blades set the way I just explained.