PDA

View Full Version : Lawn Furniture Mine-field

JOEWOOD
04-07-2005, 11:03 AM
http://www.greengiant.com/images/home/Greens.gif

Time and time again the same customers leave obstacles all over your Jobsite.

Do you guys move this stuff, or refuse to continue unless they do? :cool2:

CamLand
04-07-2005, 11:05 AM
We request that all lawn objects get moved and if they aren't then they get charged...

MowerMoney
04-07-2005, 07:15 PM
You charge extra for moving lawn furniture? Good idea. last year was getting really annoying to stop and have to move stuff all the time. I guess there is justification in charging more as The job was priced before they loaded up the lawn with their stuff. maybe I'll start asking that question before I give them a price.

KINGjosh
04-07-2005, 07:27 PM
A little bit of toys I dont charge for that, i just kick them out of the way. If there small enough Sometimes if im real lazy i'll just run right over them. :D
But i have a couple a clients that want the grass under their kids trampolines cut,I do not cut under those unless they are willing to pay extra.

bobbygedd
04-07-2005, 08:11 PM
run them over. see contract:" we are not responsible for damage done to obstructions left in the turf area. if blade /machine damage occurs as the result of obstructions left in the turf area, the customer will be charged repair/downtime fees"

BSDeality
04-07-2005, 09:05 PM
i bid a property last year. people just moved in, the lawn was pretty flat, only a couple trees. i bid it a little on the conservative side since it was right next to another property of mine. The first two cuts were awesome, made some good money. i get back the third week and they've got lawn chairs, playgrounds, sand boxes, soccer balls, bikes, trikes, baseball bats, balls, sculptures, ladders, hoses, jump ropes and the god damn KITCHEN SINK in the back yard. i figured it was just cause they were still getting situated in the house, the next week i returned and the only thing gone was the sink. i told the guy he needed to pick up the yard before i got there and he laughed at me and said that was my job. i billed him for $20 to move his crap. that didn't last long ;)

he was another of those 'you can't be done, you charged me $60 (+$20 handling fee) and you were only here 45min!' type of people. GOOD BYE, YOU ARE THE WEAKEST LINK! i will not be penalized for being efficient.

lawnman_scott
04-07-2005, 09:38 PM
do you mean like this? They were having a party......

lawnman_scott
04-07-2005, 09:40 PM
these are all the same place

HighGrass
04-07-2005, 10:10 PM
I don't know where you start in relation to where you mow, but I would walk around and move it, mow, and return it to where it was and then charge them 60-65 bucks an hour from the time you started moving the furniture to the time you put it back. If the amount is less than what you are already charging them then simply mulitply the amount of time that it takes you to move the furniture back and forth times 60 bucks and add it to their bill. Don't go through a whol month and then send them the bill, send it after the very first time you do it to get a reading from them.

Charles
04-07-2005, 10:20 PM
I would definitly charge them alot for moving that furniture around lawnman_scott. If that is a rarity in your area I wouldnt take a job like that

lawnman_scott
04-07-2005, 10:28 PM
It was a rare thing. She just said "do the best you can" The best part was that I was going to try to weedeat a bit around all the stuff, and just as i start the guy brings out a hose and drenches everything to wash it off. Theres always next week.