PDA

View Full Version : I guess not cheap enough.

nobagger
04-07-2005, 04:59 PM
I put 3 bids in on apartment complexes owned by a realestate company. Well 3 weeks have gone by and finally talked to someone only to find out the bids have been awarded, Spring clean ups were, removing about 3 truck loads of tree branches, cutting in new edges on flower beds (totalling about 300ft) and delivering 12yds of mulch and spread it and mowing about 15,000 sq ft of lawn with little ins and outs,trimming and final clean up. Spring clean up cost was, $850ish and mowing price was $65ish per week with weeding included. I really thought I was in the ballpark if not a little lower. Anyone think this is too high?

nobagger
04-08-2005, 09:05 PM
I put 3 bids in on apartment complexes owned by a realestate company. Well 3 weeks have gone by and finally talked to someone only to find out the bids have been awarded, Spring clean ups were, removing about 3 truck loads of tree branches, cutting in new edges on flower beds (totalling about 300ft) and delivering 12yds of mulch and spread it and mowing about 15,000 sq ft of lawn with little ins and outs,trimming and final clean up. Spring clean up cost was, $850ish and mowing price was $65ish per week with weeding included. I really thought I was in the ballpark if not a little lower. Anyone think this is too high?
Lawns were actually about 25-30,000sq ft.

scagster
04-08-2005, 10:00 PM
dont feel too bad, looks like we are going to lose 12 apartments that i have been doing for 8 yrs. i never raised price or had complaints, some company is comming in 20% cheaper. i know for a fact that these cant be done up to specs at these prices. we have lost 60000 in full maint. accounts since jan. these include winter work also. i have been in this thing for 20 yrs., over 15 on my own and have never seen so many companies bidding so low and then add in the 2.30 gas prices and these people wont be around long, i just hope we can hang on till these companies fold up.sorry for the rant,but had to vent a little