PDA

View Full Version : yazoo/kees

gem
04-07-2005, 06:31 PM
New dealer in my location only 5 miles away. Is any one using these? What are your experiences?

holew
04-07-2005, 07:04 PM
Yes I have one. 48 cut. Love the mower. They also have a good price

Mowmoregrass
04-07-2005, 07:12 PM
Good mowers, cut nice and have a two year warranty.

The landscaper
04-07-2005, 07:14 PM
I demoed one last fall and liked it. I will most likely be getting one this summer. They do have a good price and the dealer is a pretty good friend of mine.

gem
04-07-2005, 07:43 PM
Mowmore.. what has your warranty experience been. I searched some older threads about yazoo/kees and they all lean to warranty support from the manufacturer being non-existent.

Travis Followell
04-07-2005, 07:56 PM
I think that most of the people on here that say that customer support is non existant is people that have never dealt with the company. Yazoo is owned by Electrolux who also owns AYP and Husqvarna. I have never dealt with the company myself but I think people make them sound worse than they really are. I think if you had a warranty issue that it would be taken care of.

Envy Lawn Service
04-07-2005, 08:02 PM
I think that most of the people on here that say that customer support is non existant is people that have never dealt with the company. Yazoo is owned by Electrolux who also owns AYP and Husqvarna. I have never dealt with the company myself but I think people make them sound worse than they really are. I think if you had a warranty issue that it would be taken care of.

Then please by all means run right out and buy yourself one...
No wait I have one right here I'll sell you.... Want it?

Travis Followell
04-07-2005, 08:30 PM
Then please by all means run right out and buy yourself one...
No wait I have one right here I'll sell you.... Want it?
No, i'll take my Ferris instead. Nothing like 4 wheel independent suspension.

Envy Lawn Service
04-07-2005, 09:27 PM
No, i'll take my Ferris instead. Nothing like 4 wheel independent suspension.

Ha Ha Ha!!! Didn't mean to bust your chops there.... :p

I just couldn't let your words go unchallenged because I happen to know for a FACT that every negative word said is TRUE. True beyond your wildest dreams.... to the point it's unbelieveable.

But no, there is nothing like IS.... Yazoo/Kees rides like hell. But for a rigid frame, Grasshopper will shock you with it's ride. Have you bought a Ferris yet? If not you ought to try out a Grasshopper just once. Somehow they already have a naturally good ride and the coil spring seat suspension helps a little more. Plus, they have a full blown suspension seat option that is new for '05. It will probably never match the Ferris IS, but I'd say it (322D/61) will be as good as it gets for a rigid frame with no moving parts.

You only get one body

Travis Followell
04-07-2005, 10:12 PM
Yep, we bought a new IS 3000 2 or 3 weeks ago. Its got a 26 hp vertical shaft LC Kawasaki. We paid $9400 + tax for it. I've got the chance to put 5.1 hours on it so far and I love it. The suspension really helps out a lot but if the ground is rough enough and your going fast it will still bounce you pretty good but not nearly as bad as a rigid frame machine. It was definatelt worth the Extra cost to get the Ferris in my opinion. It cuts great wet or dry and is very well designed and I don't think we could have went anywhere and bough a better mower than that Ferris for $10,000. I done a little fine tuning to the front suspesnion and it seems like it will bounce more if you jump on it so I can't wait to mow with it again to see if it makes it ride better than it already does and keep in mind that the ground that we mow is the roughest of the rough. It has a 59" tire to tire width and will hold a hill very good.

Its ashamed that yazoo doesn't have better customer service because their mowers look like their built pretty good. I see a guy around here that has one and he mows at one of the factory's here in town and it cuts and stripes great but I guess a good mower is no good without good people standing behind it. I guess I didn't know what I was talking about earlier because like I say i've never dealt with them. :)

Envy Lawn Service
04-07-2005, 11:51 PM
The Ferris sounds slick. I'll have to keep in touch with you on that. I like the V-shaft setup much better for v-twins, and with L/C models it's just so much slicker all the way around in my opinion. Everything is all right there, all nice and neat.

As far as the Y/K thing, you hit that dead on! It is a REAL shame because there is so much potential there, but not much else. Thier quality control is in the shidder and their customer support is non-existant. They have jerking you around, putting you off and giving you the run around down to an art form though. They won't stand behind their product or honor their warranty until they are forced to.

You just wouldn't believe the manner in which this company does business and it's about to catch up with them in short order. I guess I should formulate a big thread here and fully expose them for the way they opporate. It would be the worst customer service story you have ever read.... But I have been trying my best to give them every opportunity to get it right instead of exposing them to 26,000 potential customers here on this site alone. I don't think it's right to "black-list" a company until you have given them every opportunity.... because no doubt the innocent hard working employees are the ones most affected.

But as it stands now, I have a feeling my story will NOT go untold. I also have a feeling that it will be a matter of public record in short order as well. I am planning a trip to their corporate office tomorrow, if nothing interferes, and if the trip does not yeild the results I request, several lawsuits are already prepared and waiting on the sidelines to relieve me in this foolish game.

Yeah, it's that bad. So thank your lucky stars you have never had to deal with them.

barnard
04-08-2005, 12:11 AM
Envy If your going to trash them then at least give the particulars. Model and problems .I use Y/K products daily for last 2 years and have no problems. I also use Ferris and Encore. So tell the story please or stop trash talking.

Envy Lawn Service
04-08-2005, 02:09 AM
barnard,

I assure you, this is not trash talking. Nor were my posts meant to "expose" this company's indescretions in their dealings with me. I have plainly stated that.

My intention was to inform the person who posted this thread of what to expect. You however, are totally unaware as well because you were luck enough to get good units and have had "no problems". The issues I have endured do not show their ugly heads until you have a problem.

That being said, as far as the dead on specifics, I have left those out, and previously held my peace about the whole ordeal. That is because, up until present time, I have not set out to destroy this company before the eyes of many, just because of the decisions made by a couple of individuals within that organization, reguarding a few defective mowers. Other innocent people do make their living by Yazoo/Kees.

However, my stance may change abruptly. If so I will tell all. Otherwise, for now, if you wish to know more "specific" details then contact me by PM. Then we can discuss it privately, either here, by e-mail, or by phone.

Mower Man
04-08-2005, 10:49 AM
Paul Harvey has a famous saying I like,
"And now for the rest of the story".

Good ole Joe Friday also has dibs on a good line,
"Just the facts Mam, just the facts".

I'm quite sure that if the whole story was exposed, there would be some very interesting logical, unaltered information that doesn't need to be PM'd.

Even one candle in a dark room will shed light.

Mower Man
04-08-2005, 11:10 AM
Paul Harvey has a famous saying I like,
"And now for the rest of the story".

Good ole Joe Friday also has dibs on a good line,
"Just the facts Mam, just the facts".

I'm quite sure that if the whole story was exposed, there would be some very interesting logical, unaltered information that doesn't need to be PM'd.

Even one candle in a dark room will shed light.

rodfather
04-08-2005, 11:28 AM
Yazoo/Kees? Never heard of them before joining LS and have never seen one either in my entire life.

barnard
04-08-2005, 01:48 PM
"set out to destroy this company......." Oh My, lets hope it doesn't come to that.