PDA

View Full Version : mulch removal

JTS Landscaping
04-07-2005, 07:42 PM
i have a job im going to be doing and need to remove some dirt and mulch from the bed and then remulch it wondering what you guys charge to remove mulch from beds. need to give a price in couple days

RICHIE K
04-07-2005, 10:25 PM
Good ?

RICHIE K

www.kulakandcompany.com :eek:

Mo Green
04-08-2005, 05:08 PM
i have a job im going to be doing and need to remove some dirt and mulch from the bed and then remulch it wondering what you guys charge to remove mulch from beds. need to give a price in couple days
Why do you need to remove the mulch?

Coffeecraver
04-09-2005, 12:06 PM
If you provide and install mulch for example 65.00 a yard

The mulch on the average would be about 20.00 per yard

The install for that mulch would then be at 45.00 per yard

Now you are not providing the mulch but you are still handleing it.
The cost for handleing the mulch is still at 45.00 per yard.

Then the cost of providing and installing the mulch would go back to the 65.00 per yard.

7 wheelbarrows that are 4.2 cubic feet will come close enough to equal a yard. Eight would be too much!

Therefore you should calculate the number of wheelbarrows moved out to come up with your cost.

Hope this helps

Markf
04-09-2005, 12:40 PM
We had the same request from a client. The reason for the removal is because the mulch bed had built up over the years and by adding another 2.5-3 inches, the mulch will overflow over the Belgium blocks.

Mo Green
04-10-2005, 09:40 AM
If there is already mulch in the bed, all you need is a cover layer of 1-1.5 inches. If some one has been adding 3 inches every year, no wonder the beds are overflowing.

coastallandscapesolutions
04-10-2005, 10:24 AM

Figure out your labor rate and time for the removal and then charge your normal rate for the install of the new mulch. I bill $45 per man hour for the removal.