PDA

View Full Version : Time Saving Techniques

packerbacker
04-07-2005, 08:33 PM
Anyone have anything they use to save time. Wether its equipment, GPS systems, different size crews. Let me know. Im interested.

Precision
04-07-2005, 08:36 PM
carry a length of precut weed eater line in your pocket when doing long jobs so you can reload right there as opposed to walking back to the truck.

carry a 16 oz bottle, full of mix gas, when you are doing the same long job away from the truck.

simple but effective

packerbacker
04-07-2005, 08:37 PM
carry a length of precut weed eater line in your pocket when doing long jobs so you can reload right there as opposed to walking back to the truck.

carry a 16 oz bottle, full of mix gas, when you are doing the same long job away from the truck.

simple but effective

Is that safe? What if you fall and the bottle breaks?

grasswhacker
04-07-2005, 08:40 PM
Anyone have anything they use to save time. Wether its equipment, GPS systems, different size crews. Let me know. Im interested.

Stop reading bobbyg threads, a real timesaver. lol :dizzy:

packerbacker
04-07-2005, 08:43 PM
LOL, tell me about it, ive wasted at least 3 days total reading them. I want my 3 days back.

But seriously.

Ive been thinking of buying a new mower and its a tossup between a stander and a ZTR. I know it sounds weird but I think there are more places I could a stander or WB into then a ZTR and I would save time even though the ZTR is faster I would have to do more trimming.

jtkplc
04-07-2005, 08:43 PM
This maybe common sense, it was for me, but I utilize as much of my mower deck as possible (least amount of overlap without leaving behind missed cut grass), and getting my turns down to the fastest, most efficient turn without tearing up the ground. I really try for this on my larger accounts, like a softball complex I cut. A few seconds each pass on turns and a few inches on each pass add up to more cut grass in the same amount of time and over an entire day I might be able to add another account which is more money in my pocket.

grasswhacker
04-07-2005, 08:47 PM
Well right now I run a bobcat Z 61" and a 21"trim mower. I am really looking for a 32-36" hydro that will mulch well for tightly landscaped areas.

packerbacker
04-07-2005, 08:49 PM
I have a church I do and rounded up the weeds and grass along the fenceline and treeline which is a total of about 2000 ft so I wouldnt have to trim them. They were pretty cool with that.

grasswhacker
04-07-2005, 08:50 PM
One thing I did last year is try to schedule lawns that only use a 21" mower on and bought a hitch carrier so that I could save myself from hauling my trailer get better gas milage. The carrier folds upward and i can hook my trailer back on to the hitch.

br549oicu8
04-07-2005, 08:54 PM
Dude...we have had many walk behinds over the years and still have a 36 Wright Velke. We also have a 48 Stander for smaller areas and it kicks!!!
I also have 3 Wright Sentars...2 48's and a 61. We are changing mowers and will no longer use the Sentars once replaced. As far as the Stander...fabulous!! Can't go wrong there.

packerbacker
04-07-2005, 08:56 PM
Dude...we have had many walk behinds over the years and still have a 36 Wright Velke. We also have a 48 Stander for smaller areas and it kicks!!!
I also have 3 Wright Sentars...2 48's and a 61. We are changing mowers and will no longer use the Sentars once replaced. As far as the Stander...fabulous!! Can't go wrong there.

I used one for a month or so last summer and loved it. I might invest in one this year.

br549oicu8
04-07-2005, 08:59 PM
Best deal is in the off season on Wright website....the Channel Partner discount program.
http://www.wrightmfg.com/
CLick on the channel partner and check it out.

packerbacker
04-07-2005, 09:04 PM
Looks like a pretty good deal

br549oicu8
04-07-2005, 09:07 PM
It works pretty good if you buy at the righ time...yo have to do a down payment when ordering but pay the rest to your dealer of choice when you pick it up. We bough the Velke and Stander that way!

Precision
04-08-2005, 11:49 PM
Is that safe? What if you fall and the bottle breaks?

Plastic coke bottle. And don't reuse it forever cause the gas will eventually eat thru it I'm sure.

But if you have never had to weedeat a long 1/2 mile fence line you may not know what I am talking about. If you have you will know the advantage I speak of.