PDA

View Full Version : Problem With Paver Light Install

bigviclbi
04-07-2005, 08:57 PM
Started my first paver light install, everything went great until...my sixth light was dim, I thought maybe voltage drop,maybe wrong wiring, maybe bad connection, but then next light is strong. Then the next two lights are dim. The run is only about 40 feet and I have 8 7watt lights on a 121 watt transformer. I redid the connections, switched bulbs, can't figure it out. Please help, I'm hoping the lights are bad because they were apparently on the shelf for a long time.please give me any info if you have it. the paver lights are Tahoe brand.

cgland
04-07-2005, 10:25 PM
Bigvic - Most likely the fixtures are bad. You obviously have the juice because of the bright light after the dim one. Check for loose wires in the fixture or just take them back. The rule of thumb is to not use more than 75% of the wattage of the transformer and you are well within that. HTH

Chris

bigviclbi
04-09-2005, 09:17 PM
Rained on thursday, went back today and no lights at all. Apparently the transformer was f-ed up. AND they gave me two differnt lights for the wall. Yeah I'll be using these guys alot :p

ZX12R
04-09-2005, 11:19 PM
"Yeah I'll be using these guys alot"

What company were the lights and transformer from?

bigviclbi
04-10-2005, 11:16 PM
tHE LIGHTS WERE TAHOE BUT i AM TALKING ABOUT THE LIGHTING SUPPLY COMP. IF THEY TAKE BACK THE CRAP TRANSFORMER MAYBE i'LL BE A LITTLE MORE SYMPATHETIC.