PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Excavator Job

redoak77
04-07-2005, 10:51 PM
We have had an interesting last few days at school when a water bill came to our school saying we consumed 2million gallons (normal is 25,00) in the last 3 months. That means we have a 900 gallon per hour leak somewhere underneath our school. BUt anyways they spent wed. lookingfor the leak and they thought they had found it. So today, they jack hammered the floor in the morning and then it got interesting in the afternoon. They drove a Case cx14 excavator into the halls and drove it to the classroom and managed to get it through by taking of the door to the class room. I couldn't believe they got it through the door. Th did have to chip away part of the metal frame of the door but just little bit. I knew they made small excatvators but not ones that small. hey proceeded to dig through the grond and to where they thought the leak was, butit wasn't there. Lol So now they have to do it all over again in another class room and they have a 5x5 foot hole in this class room. But the is good news, since they have to turn the water off we dont have school 2marrow!! :blob3: :blob3: :blob3: :p :D

ECS
04-07-2005, 11:51 PM
Did they hire a leak detection company? Thye can pinpoint a leak to within a couple of inches.

Grassmechanic
04-08-2005, 08:46 AM
Did they hire a leak detection company? Thye can pinpoint a leak to within a couple of inches.
Hope it's not a faulty meter. 900gph should show up fairly easily, even under concrete.

ECS
04-08-2005, 11:10 AM
The golf course here was loosing like 600,000 gallons per day due to leaks. At the place where we lived we were loosing at least 10 gph. The golf course supplies the waqter to all the subdivissions where we live, so you can see how it can add up with old pipes. The leak detection company pin pointed our leak to the exact spot. Following year, anothe leak detected to within inches of the leak.

Grassmechanic
04-08-2005, 11:46 AM
600,000 gallons a day??!! The city I live in (pop 5,104) uses about 600,000 gallons per day. That is one expensive leak!

redoak77
04-08-2005, 12:17 PM
they did hire some kind of plumbing company, Drain Pro - Flow with th pro- and they thought they had found it. They were sing a snake to go through the pipe, and a trackin device on wheels above ground to follow it. Part of the problem is that when the school was origionally built in the 60's it was campus style, then they enclosed about 25 years ago, so they laid a bunch of new pipes but i guess the blueprints aren't that accurate. you know hoe that goes :rolleyes: